RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought a box of goodies..... Is this worth selling? Pics..
Old 09-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Bought a box of goodies..... Is this worth selling? Pics..

ORIGINAL: CGCINC

ORIGINAL: carrellh

ORIGINAL: CGCINC

What is the thing in the last picture with the tubes and rubber grommet. Is that just a way to get the gas through the firewall of the plane?

And if yes, does the clear tube with the aluminum end go into the tank?
Where would the curved aluminum tube go?
It is the stopper assembly that goes in a fuel tank. I'll try to find a picture or drawing.
I copied these pictures from http://www.gettingairborne.com/engines.html

So the vent that goes back to the tank from the muffler... Why is that there? To vent the sealed tank?

And thanks for the link and pics!
Mike and Ken have gone to a lot of trouble writing how tos and what planes, they are stickies or written in the RCU magazine. Mike even did a great why build and getting started. For someone that wanted to jump right into giant scale it may do you some good to look these things up. These small glow planes are the stepping stone to learning about engines and aircraft set up. If you don't learn the basics you will never be able to advance. There are books in most hobby shops for getting started too, as bad as the magazines are today you may want to start reading them too. Fuel tank set up is one of the easiest basic things you will have to know. Starting a little glow engine is a lot easier then a big gas engine on a giant scale. Your electric trainer will only teach you TX control and basic flying. You can learn a lot from reading.