RCU Forums - View Single Post - ZIROLI P-47 Warhorse almost ready for more Sorties
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: ZIROLI P-47 Warhorse almost ready for more Sorties

Well after having too much going on this summer I finially got this in the air on Sunday,, it tracked, took off and flew great once trimmed,, Too fast with the 2.4 and a 20-10 prop, but cruised nicely around 1/23/4 throttle. The problem came when I landed,, set up nice, had good speed and was set up for a nice tail high wheel landing,, as soon as she touched the left gear block failed Again.

Lesson learned,, Never trust someone you don't know is going to do a proper repair or Build in the first place. After examining the setup now that it's ripped open. It looks like the guy who built it used too soft and too thin a wood for the Rails, and then he countersunk the gear to weaken the wood even further. He tried to make of for it with a small ply reinforcement plate, but it didn't spread the load to all but just under the gear plate between 2 ribs.

Anyway, I opened it all up, but I don't have a set of the Ziroli plans and I am curious how he actaully designed it,, I'm sure this isn't right. Anyone have a set of these plans they can take a picture of the gear mount area and posted it or email it to me?

Thanks