RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

About dang time you show it some love...
Back at ya there! I forgot all about your project. Looks like you did too...

I still love nitro, but after having built 3 brushless/lipo trucks already and working on this one, I am pretty much leaning towards electric these days. Granted, I have puffed a lipo or two but I really enjoy the nitro type performance without the noise and mess. In my opinion, the only downfall to brushless and lipos are, once the batteries are discharged (even though runtimes are good), the bashing is pretty much done for hours. When batteries cost $75-$125/ea, it is just too much money to have 2-3 packs for each truck...

I got really ticked off at my crazy project Giga Crusher and sold it on eBay. I could NEVER make those Axial 28s run right after trying many, many times and I consider myself a veteran nitro hobbyist. In retrospect, those Axial 28s were a bad choice for a dual engine monster. The Giga Crusher is kind of what turned me off to nitro, at least for the time being. Then I sold my Savage and truggies as well. I kind of regret selling the Savage though.

I still have 2 1/8 buggies that run nitro, my X-Factor, another Mad Force and the Ofna Twin Titan... So I am down on Nitro for the time being, but not out.

I am really waiting for the next big thing in nitro cars, like a 2 cylinder with fuel injection or something... Fuel injection would remove all of the craziness of keeping those little monsters tuned...