Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

ORIGINAL: keithbradley

ORIGINAL: new2rcboating

Hi Guy's ,

At the end of the day both boats in this thread are being produced by Chinese & other Asian guest workers , for a wage that you or I would not work for ( $2.00 U.S ) , also the living conditions for guest workers is deplorable . If one has a bit better quality that's because '' B '' company has a a certain level of reputation to uphold . Please consider this before knocking a boat that has no '' Spin '' attached , most boats will perform within certain perimteres of one another for the 90% that are not preparing for world champoinships . BG
I found your name ironic after reading your post.lol. A random boat will not be 90% what a race ready boat is. Not even close. That would be if I could take a corner at 55mph with a good tunnel, you could take it at 50mph with a random knock off. No way. My experience with cheap boats (and most RTRs) is that of far lesser handling ability, not only due to design flaw and cheaper parts (hardware, ect) but because of poor molding. Many times even when the design is ok, molding flaws and inconsistancies greatly hinder a boats ''out of the box'' performance.

We can argue about this all day, and you can pic boats from china and ask what they cost in US (Like the genesis...needs more than an ESC sorry to say. Most people I know that get a genesis take out everything, including the cheap 4mm driveline), but as someone else said, you get what you pay for. In the end if you want a $100 tunnel, BUY IT. Im not saying its a bad deal. For someone that wants a 20-25mph boat at a cheap price, its probably a fantastic option. Its not to be compared with a race tunnel though...
agreed, china makes some good stuff and this boat would be great for what it costs