RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing Tunnel Hull
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

ORIGINAL: dmoesch

Who was dogging SRT10? Don't think he was causing any extra trouble.....just arguing for what he believes (although, he did tell me to get a calculater...and techincally, fine, its 2.7 times more not 3....whatever).

Here is what I wish we could do.....tell me what you guys think.....you guys get a stilleto, I get the HK boat, but you give me $200 extra dollars to mod the HK boat to whatever I choose...then we race and see who wins. I have my money on that extra $200 getting me past you.
I know it will never happen due to logistics, but it would be fun.
Honest question, you guys are really convinced the architecture of the hulls is going to make an RC boat go ''that'' much faster? Your telling me you can compensate with more thrust? And why would this not handle as well? It could easily be modifited to handle as well. Both are fiberglass hulls and will skate accross the water??? The hornet sits a bit higher and might have some more air drag, but geez, that might impact speed 5%?
It's all about how the hull moves across the water, or however.. ( I don't know the real term?) and the biggest is in the turns
so with shipping the HC F1 is $197.33 and I think my LHS will let me walk out with the Stiletto for $325 so about 1.65 times more, and you still need a RX and TX for the Hornet
I think it would take more than the difference in the price to make the HCF1 beat the Stiletto in any race
so getting more power into this hull could actually make things worse if the hull is not built well, it for one could lift when you get some speed going or flip in the turns
so a DNF does not win any race