RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing Tunnel Hull
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
keithbradley
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

ORIGINAL: dmoesch

Who was dogging SRT10? Don't think he was causing any extra trouble.....just arguing for what he believes (although, he did tell me to get a calculater...and techincally, fine, its 2.7 times more not 3....whatever).

Here is what I wish we could do.....tell me what you guys think.....you guys get a stilleto, I get the HK boat, but you give me $200 extra dollars to mod the HK boat to whatever I choose...then we race and see who wins. I have my money on that extra $200 getting me past you.
I know it will never happen due to logistics, but it would be fun.
Honest question, you guys are really convinced the architecture of the hulls is going to make an RC boat go "that" much faster? Your telling me you can compensate with more thrust? And why would this not handle as well? It could easily be modifited to handle as well. Both are fiberglass hulls and will skate accross the water??? The hornet sits a bit higher and might have some more air drag, but geez, that might impact speed 5%?
If putting more power to that hull made that boat faster than the stilleto, everyone would have record setting boats. Unfortunately, it comes down to WAYmore than just throwing a powerfull motor and lots of voltage to go fast. I only wish it were that easy!

As for your challenge, I wont be buying a stilleto They are beautiful boats but Iwont be racing tunnels any time soon so I have no need. However, Darin Jordan will be racing the stilleto, and I'm sure he wouldnt mind if you came and entered your hobby city boat in a race to kick his butt

Also, Ilive in Michigan, which isnt too far from Illinois. I have monos that I will put against your HC boat if you want, and I don't mind if you put an extra $1000 into it after you buy it