RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first project in a LOOONG time... [video add]

Nice project. It gets old seeing the same old thing all the time. Its nice to see something that not everyone has too. Definately keep us updated, but I bet that truck is a blast to run once its done

Ill have to say, for a Monster Truck, electric is hard to beat. I still prefer nitro for a buggy, but for monster trucks, if you are into hill climbing and just messing around, brushless is awful nice.

My father in law and I went out tonight to run. He has a stock brushed 3905 E-Maxx, and I have my custom brushless MGT that i was running. They are building a new road close to us, and we found some big dirt hills out there to run on. It was just nice to go out there with 4 NiMh batteries charged and run for an hour solid until it got dark, just playing on the hills and messing around in the dirt. Plus it didnt cost us anything in fuel, its extremely nice to have reverse when you are doing this kind of running, and also, when you are hill climbing, you just really need the wheel speed NOW when you are trying to climb certain things. The electric will do all of that very well, which is why i think i prefer it for an MT.

Anyways, not to get off topic, but Im just really glad I made the leap and built my brushless truck because its a lot of fun. Just gotta buy some better batteries for it soon, but the NiMh do surprisingly well for now since I get 30 minutes of runtime per pair and lots of power. [8D]

Eric