RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine dies when reducuing power from 100%
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Engine dies when reducuing power from 100%

Hello,

I flew my spitfire again and I had success getting off the ground and flying...as long as I didn't back off from full throttle. I got a maximum rpm of 9000 on the ground and leaned to 86-8700 rpm. I then dropped to 1700 rpm and the engine idled at that speed without changing rpm for about 30 seconds. The transition from idle to full throttle is quick, does not hesitate, and sounds like an excellent transition with a little smoke trail. The engine sounds great and feels strong! The problem I am having is in flight when I reduce the engine from full throttle to mid throttle. It just dies. I haven't went to idle with it because it always seems to die in the mid range. I have had to successful dead stick landings and I desperately need advice on what to do. The engine sounds so strong on the ground and tuned to the information I have read provided by two Y.S. online sources. (Troy Newman's info is one source) The diaphram is flush with the housing and I believe it is set, but would try a change if needed. Thanks.

Shannon