Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

usb connector

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 01:55 AM
cfischer505
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default usb connector

I have a Aiptec Pocket DV camera.. when it is connected to the PC via its USB cable for dloading files... it is powered by the cable and the camera does not gointo sleep mode... I would like to find a usb connector the size used on the camera end of the cable so I can make an "in flight" usb power cable

I dont need a shutter switch.. I'll do that with a servo... but I need to power the camera externally so it wont go to sleep.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:25 AM
jchuston

Default usb connector

Hey, that sounds ok but it also sounds like it could be rather annoying to try to set that up...

How long does it take to go into sleep mode??? Also, how much memory does this thing have. I had thought about purchasing one of these and was wondering how to overcome this problem...I figured that I would just try to take a picture every 30 seconds or so regardless of whether it was something I wanted to have a picture of...just to keep the camera awake.

Someone on this site has had a little contraption that you could solder into the guts of the pencam...it signal to take a picture as well as wake up the camera...I'll try to re-find where I saw that...

-John
Old 08-01-2003, 02:29 AM
jchuston

Default usb connector

http://home.att.net/~mechconsultant3/Order.htm

ahhh...that didn't take too long...

if you search under "pencam" in RCU you will see a thread called "backpack" or something like that...this is the guy that is making these things (I think) and there is a decent thread on the use of them...