Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Tinywireless for cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 08:38 PM
SUPERSPORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinywireless for cameras?

This guy seems to have good prices and is here in the USA! Why would anyone buy from Hong Kong? This Spylinker guy doesn't sound to helpful. Why pay high S&H and wait 3 weeks to get something? I want to order a setup for my airplane and need some help here. Tinywireless also has a 2000mW transmitter, sounds alot better than 800mW. I want some range! Speaking of "sounds" all of the Tinywireless systems have audio, I don't see that from Hong Kong. I want to here my engine, servos, and the air not just a silent picture. I want to feel like I'm there. Thanks ahead for your feedback.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: Tinywireless for cameras?

Originally posted by SUPERSPORT
This guy seems to have good prices and is here in the USA! Why would anyone buy from Hong Kong? This Spylinker guy doesn't sound to helpful. Why pay high S&H and wait 3 weeks to get something? I want to order a setup for my airplane and need some help here. Tinywireless also has a 2000mW transmitter, sounds alot better than 800mW. I want some range! Speaking of "sounds" all of the Tinywireless systems have audio, I don't see that from Hong Kong. I want to here my engine, servos, and the air not just a silent picture. I want to feel like I'm there. Thanks ahead for your feedback.
I suppose its because we know the Spylinker system works and Tinywireless has been advertising for about a week.
If you dont like to buy from Hong Kong, you better not buy any more kits or ARFs. Or engines other than Irvine or Webra. Or NiCads. Or any radio systems other than Multiplex.
Check the prices and shipping for those, by the way.
That 2 watt system will weigh quite a bit more than the .8 watt system and I doubt you will be able to power it with a 9v transister battery for more than 5 minutes or so. Makes it worthless for my Super Scooter.
Is 3 weeks a long time for shipping? Got mine in 2 which is comparable to Tower Hobbies and others. My father waited 2 months for a US based company to ship his stuff.
Where do you think Tinywireless HIS systems from?
I have nothing against Tinywireless, by the way, and am proud he uses some of my videos on his site.
I wish the guy nothing but success.
I just havent seen his systems work as yet.
Buy one. Show us the results.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:19 AM
closetflyer

Tinywireless is run by 13 year old boy. Not that this is problem in itself, but just know who you buy from.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:28 AM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Originally posted by closetflyer
Tinywireless is run by 13 year old boy. Not that this is problem in itself, but just know who you buy from.
You can see that also, when you look at the webpage design!
Old 08-03-2003, 02:43 AM
closetflyer

Hey, I'm not trying to snipe on tinywireless, just saying be aware is all.

Other concern with tinywireless is he lists fubar's videos with questionable claim "video from system just like mine".

Videos are used with permission as I understand, but they were NOT shot from systems bought from tinywireless.

Ask to see videos shot from tinywireless system, not videos shot from system "almost like" his system.

David
Old 08-03-2003, 03:07 AM
reznikvova-RCU

Hi,
I used Fubars videos temporarly. I will soon have my own videos on the site, taken with my own equioment. Im 14, soon turning 15 .
Old 08-03-2003, 03:09 AM
reznikvova-RCU

Rcuniverse will be reviewing one of my systems shortly.

Nik,
Why the negativity?(about the web design)
Old 08-03-2003, 05:58 AM
Fubar-One

Originally posted by closetflyer
Hey, I'm not trying to snipe on tinywireless, just saying be aware is all.

Other concern with tinywireless is he lists fubar's videos with questionable claim "video from system just like mine".

Videos are used with permission as I understand, but they were NOT shot from systems bought from tinywireless.

Ask to see videos shot from tinywireless system, not videos shot from system "almost like" his system.

David
I gave him permission to link to my videos with the stipulation that he stated they were used with an 800mw system, which he did. Got no problem with that. Got no problem with his age either although I didnt know he is a teen. Supposedly I was one of those a long time ago, but there is no proof.
Websites are a PITA to put up and not everyone is a web designer. He never claimed to be. Mine is pretty crude and Im using a good web design program. I believe his is done completely by coding HTML which impresses me, anyway.
Anyway, website and age aside, if the product he sells is good, I hope he does well.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Rambo-RCU

Default Tiny wireless

Hi Vova: I see your online as I'm typing this.I just like the others want to see you suceed in this venture however somethings come only with maturity, such as answering E Mails and returning phone calls about your systems.I finally gave up and bought from China.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:42 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Rambo,
Yes, I understand the large responsibility that comes with having a business; like answering emails and phone calls on time.

I dont know about not answering your emails(if thats what you mean by giving up, and ordering from HK)

I answer all of my emails on time, no more than 1 days delay.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Nik,
Why the negativity?(about the web design)
I have send you a pm about it...
Old 08-03-2003, 02:10 PM
closetflyer

Originally posted by reznikvova
Rcuniverse will be reviewing one of my systems shortly.
Great news! I look forward to reading.

Fubar, yes I understand he stipulated as you asked, my concern is that there are many Hong Kong and China vendors of these sort of systems, and not all are created equal. Listing your videos on his site can be confusing for consumer looking to see example of goods they are buying.

I think it is marginal marketing practice... would we let Olympus, Minolta or Nikon display example digital pictures on websites saying "photo's taken with camera very much like one we sell"?

Vova I wish you luck, as your site grows and more people use system, we will understand value of system. Kudo's to you for being honest about quality of product to help us understand what we get into when buying. Your relationship with HK and CH vendors brings us wide selection of products we probably would never see otherwise.

Happy Flying,
David
Old 08-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Rambo-RCU

Default E Mail Replies

Hey VoVa: I have only the best wishes for your business as a matter of fact if this venture with my system I've ordered from China works out I'LL probably be in the market for another system and you can rest assured I'll give your company the first shot at the sale.Best wishes and good luck.P.S. I had a real hassel getting this system I've ordered with Audio as E Bay won't let the vendor list it that way as that constitutes a "BUG" and it'S against E Bays selling policies.So in closing your systems with Audio will be very much easier to obtain.Thanks