Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Which Drone Should I Get

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Drone Should I Get

Hello All,

I am looking for a Drone / Go Pro combination to use for work. I would like my initial investment to stay under $1,000 for Drone and camera combined. The drone will be used for things like checking culverts, identifying diseases in trees, water dispersion over parks grounds, and taking areal pictures of Public Works Projects. I fly RC planes, but do not have any familiarity with drones. Could some one please point me in a good direction?

Thanks,

Tim
Old 06-07-2019, 07:02 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

Moved to appropriate forum
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM

I've got the DJI Mavic, I love it, if you can handle flying RC planes, then you for sure can handle flying a Mavic, they have a beginner mode and it pretty much flys itself. I recommend getting the mavic with 2x optical zoom though if you'll be trying to look at things up close.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ConfusedCarl
I've got the DJI Mavic, I love it, if you can handle flying RC planes, then you for sure can handle flying a Mavic, they have a beginner mode and it pretty much flys itself. I recommend getting the mavic with 2x optical zoom though if you'll be trying to look at things up close.
Hi confused Carl,

Thank you for the response, I do appreciate it. That is actually the one that we decided to go with.

Tim
Old 06-06-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If I were to buy one now I'd go with the Mavic Air 2.....
Old 08-11-2020, 02:42 PM

Mavic for sure. I started with the spark and am ready to upgrade to the mavic line, mostly for longer run time
Old 06-06-2021, 05:05 AM

Any new models other than DJI on the horizon?