Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

ONBOARD SEAPLANE VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 05:03 PM
PINETAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONBOARD SEAPLANE VIDEO

OK, WELL THE WINDS WERE GUSTING TO 22 MPH STEADY AT 18 MPH, BUT I GOT MY NEW CAMERA MOUNTED ON MY SEAPLANE -- SEE MY EARLIER POST FOR VIDEO OF THE PLANE.

IM A NEW GLO PILOT SO BE EASY ON ME AND THE WIND WAS KICKING MY BACKSIDE.

[link=http://www.pintaro.org]onboard seaplane video[/link]

I PLAN TO POST SOME MORE AS SOON AS THE WIND CALMS DOWN AND I CAN FLY SOME MORE!!!

PLEASE CRITIQUE!!!

BE EASY ON MY FUBAR!!
Old 10-23-2003, 05:19 PM
mr.rc-cam

Default RE: ONBOARD SEAPLANE VIDEO

You fly in a beautiful area.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Dude!
Excellent video! It is definitely hard to fly smoothly with high choppy winds which is why one of my first videos was very Blair Witch. Very good job! Keep em coming.
I dont think I could take off and land on that wet stuff.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:36 AM
aaron2874

Cooooollll..... I love seaplane videos. This is the first "onboard" one I've seen. The quality was very nice and what a great spot place to go fly!

Here is an idea you may want to try. I have a mini DV cam on my Avistar. I have one video facing forward and one video facing backward. Everyone likes the rear facing video better. Facing forward I mainly got sky shots from always having to gain altitude. It seemed that way in your video too. Also, when I fly with the cam facing to the rear, I set my engine to run a little rich. You can clearly see the exhaust trail in the video and it looks pretty cool.

Here is another idea. Try aiming the cam down, run your plane up and fly some ovals. You should get lots of good shots like that. And, with the excellent quality of the video your getting, you will probably be able to pull some nice still shots from it.

Look forward to you next vid!
Old 10-24-2003, 07:16 AM
PINETAR

THANKS GUYS... FUBAR YOU COULD DO IT!! PROBLEM IS I THINK ONCE YOU FLOAT FLY YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ELSE.

AARON, THANKS FOR THE TIPS ON THE CAMERAS ETC. ONE OF THESE WIRELESS DEALS IS ALL I CAN AFFORD RIGHT NOW BUT I THINK I WILL TRY A NEW POSITION FOR THE CAMERA...

REMEMBER I'M NEW TO THIS THING SO DONT HAMMER ME TO HARD FOR THIS NEXT QUESTION... I WAS THINKING ABOUT MOUNTING THIS CAMERA ON A PEDASTAL BEHIND THE WING ABOUT 4 INCHES ABOVE THE FUSELAGE. BUT WORRIES ME IS WILL IT DISRUPT TO MUCH AIRFLOW TO THE REAR CONTROL SURFACES?

THE OBVIOUS LOCATION FOR THIS POST VIDEO IS UNDER THE LEFT WING -- BUT I DID NOTICE THAT RIGHT TURNS WERE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE DURING THIS LAST FLIGHT -- COULD THE CAMERA HAVE MADE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE? OR WAS IT JUST A MATTER OF THE WIND...

BOY I TELL YOU FLYING IN THAT WIND SURE INCREASES THE PUCKER FACTOR!!!!, IT WAS PERFECTLY CALM THE DAY BEFORE AND I HAD SOME GREAT FLIGHTS..

ONE MORE QUESTION -- I FLEW FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND LANDED BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID I MAY BE RUNNING LOW ON FUEL OR BATTERIES -- WHEN I LANDED I HAD MORE THAN HALF A TANK AND THE BATTERIES STILL SHOWED FULL VOLTAGE .. TYPICALLY HOW LONG WILL BATTERIES LAST BEFORE YOU NEED TO QUIT AND RECHARGE?

IF I CAN I'M GOING TO TRY AND SNEAK A FLIGHT IN TODAY -- WISH ME LUCK!!!