Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

any good wireless sytem with no need for liscence??

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

any good wireless sytem with no need for liscence??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:13 PM
briansommers
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good wireless sytem with no need for liscence??

i would really like to get in this but i live out in the sticks and for me to arrange for testing is nothing short of a pain in the donkey, so i was wondering if there are some quality systems that would work well and have a fairley descent range, like 1 mile or so would be fine for what i want and be good quality? and not require an fcc liscense to operate

thanks
Old 02-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Deltageek2

Default RE: any good wireless sytem with no need for liscence??

Hey, Brian

Take a look at www.polarisusa.com. I have a high end microboard camera and their stock transmitter. The combined weight is only 2 or 3 ozs. With a good antenna on the rx you can get that mile range- I use a backpack system with a headmounted display- oh... you said cheap. This one isnt but start with a CMOS camera and one of these tx units. The plastic black rxs are crap! The ant on mine broke shortly after I got it. I have the metal rx and it works great. It has 2 video outputs so you can watch one and record the other.
HAve fun,
Lew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11962.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	96494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46353.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	96495  
Old 02-02-2004, 11:37 AM
yb2normal

Default RE: any good wireless sytem with no need for liscence??

Brian,

I think IA-Flyer hacked together a pretty amazing setup using a license free tx and very high gain sector antenna on the ground.

I'm not sure if he altered the antenna on the tx, since that would invalidate the license free status.

Deltageek, which of the Polaris systems are license free, and what FCC ID is assigned to the tx?

Thanks,
Bill