Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

5000+ feet video flight

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE: 5000+ feet video flight

Nope, I sent you several and never received anything back. Maybe I set this up with my old ISP email address. It was road runner. I got tired of losing emails so I changed ISPs. Here's my email address: [email protected]

Like to hear from you. We share the same ambitions.

Thanks
Robert Lehman
Old 02-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Scott Claboe
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: RE: 5000+ feet video flight

I want to see some video!The black sky in the 50,000ft pics are killer!I want some video of a similar altitude.Keep up the good work.I belive 1 in a billion chance.isn' a risk at all!Although a contact with the FAA is warranted just to cover your butt.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:15 AM
Ta-154 Moskito

Default RE: 5000+ feet video flight

Hi Mike,

Fascinating flight you must have had. I'm suprised people got side-tracked...I think the most important thing (to me a least ) is what equipment are you using? I'd like to start doing the same. I'm sure there are regulations for everything but for what it's worth I have a level 2 certification for high power rocketry. We get 1,500.00 foot FAA wavers here in California but in out in Black Rock Nevada we sometmies get FAA wavers up to 60, 000. feet for the "Balls" events. Thats right up to the edge of space because ....space is our goal. We carry all types of electronic equipment onboard, GPS, telemetry, satelite phones, stagers, altimeters etc. Sept 11 did shut the whole thing down for a while but cool minds prevailed and engines were once again for sale. Anyone interested look up AeroPac, thats my rocketry club and the governing organization we belong to is Tripoli. Anyway, Mike, about the equipment...I'm very interested in hearing more, please fill me in when you get a chance. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures with us and of course the younger generation. Instant gratification from video games is one thing but the engineering-like thought required for creating flying models, working with your hands and being outdoors watching your model fly should not be excluded.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:47 PM
flipa10

Default RE: 5000+ feet video flight

Maybe file IFR. Get a VHF radio and for Pete's sake put a transponder on the thing. 1-800-WXBRIEF to file. Might need an N-number to file.