Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Nice setup video the works

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:19 AM
SeacretsOceanCity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice setup video the works

This guy has posted here before its an older post just thought it would help someone. I am still getting my gear online.
He has a nice setup check it out[link=http://home.online.no/~la9ex/index.htm] here[/link]
Old 02-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Deltageek2

Default RE: Nice setup video the works

WOW! This guy seems to have it together! The quote below would be a moot point for me- I would die out at -20 before the battery did! Thanks for the link. His plane looks like my Porter- but with tractor twins. Great minds think alike, eh? uh-huh.

"-20deg.c, very cold. The batteries
I use is a Li-ion 700mah-3pcs. They
do not like the chilling, they died out
after 7minutes."
Old 02-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

The plane he is using is a Multiplex Moviestar. They are supposed to be available in the US now for about $125 Notice the yagi antenna on his helmet. Thinking of trying that myself with a patch antenna. Would look kinda Buck Rogers goofy but I bet he gets great video that way!
ORIGINAL: Deltageek2

WOW! This guy seems to have it together! The quote below would be a moot point for me- I would die out at -20 before the battery did! Thanks for the link. His plane looks like my Porter- but with tractor twins. Great minds think alike, eh? uh-huh.

"-20deg.c, very cold. The batteries
I use is a Li-ion 700mah-3pcs. They
do not like the chilling, they died out
after 7minutes."
Old 02-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great idea indeed !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67161.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	98650  
Old 02-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

I bet I can put a patch antenna on one (Going for a hardhat and not bicycle lid) pretty easily.
ORIGINAL: Meerkat

That's a great idea indeed !
Old 02-08-2004, 07:06 PM
SeacretsOceanCity

This guy has done this ,he said its easy to keep the signal strong pointing the patch towards the plane.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:18 PM
SkyDude

Yeah, that's a good way to go with the pilot helmet Rx. This would eliminate the need for an Rx stand, and it's auto tracking as long as the pilot is watching his plane.

You could go further with this and put a digital camcorder and battery in a back pack, and even further by adding a small video monitor to the helmet that hangs down so the pilot can glance at it and see what he is filming.

Reminds me of the guy who strapped a laptop, camera and wireless internet modem to himself. He'd walk around campus uploading images of what he was doing to the internet in virtual real-time.

And yes, it would be a super-geek look, but who here is really worried about what we look like? I was un-cool before un-cool was cool. [8D]
Old 02-19-2004, 10:46 PM
xvwdvw01

WOW, that guy rocks! His craftsmanship is great, most of that stuff looks factory. I think I have read on this form of other people doing most of what he is showing but he put it all together in a great package. Kind of looks like $'s aren't too big of an object though. Wish I could spend like that.
Max