Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

New RC Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 04:48 PM
IA-Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RC Video

With 60mph winds today it seemed like a good time to stay indoors, post some videos, and install my new Black Widow 600mW system in my video plane!
I found some server space with my ISP, so I’m uploading the videos as I convert them.

This is the FTP site:
[link=http://elwood.pionet.net/~jjoy/]My FTP[/link]

So far I’ve uploaded:

B25_Striking_Back_airshow_Video.zip
Taken during the Striking Back air show from the nose of a Giant B-25

Playboy_VT21.zip
An old timer with a VT .21 engine

R-2_Flight.zip
Flight of a Byron Gee Bee R2 prototype, flown and built by the designer

Giant_P-38.zip
An early flight of Gaylen’s P-38 built for Striking Back.

Panasonic_CCD.zip
Video downlink from my Video Stick

Pan-Tilt.zip
Video Stick CMOS video downlink, using the Tilt-Pan setup.

OS_Wankel.zip
Early style wankel engine run on a test bench.

Slow Stick.zip
Video downlink using 200mW all in one Hong Kong CMOS video system.

PicoStick_TubbyCubby.zip
Chasing a Tubby Cubby around the sky with a Pico Stick, almost a mid-air at the end.

AeroStar.zip
Video using a CMOS cam taken on a very cold day last winter. It's the entire flight and the silencer came loose at the end of the flight, so I put it on the ground fast and dirty!

I’ll keep adding them until I run out of server space, then I’ll delete the less interesting ones.
I’m going to ask permission to post some of my flights (from old Byron demo tapes), I’ll post them in the same location when I can.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:42 AM
ArmyROTC

Default RE: New RC Video

[X(] Awsome show, I love the old WW2 style planes with the bombing and all! I even saw the giant Carrier! wheh lots of work went into that im sure. Where was that held? Cool shots, Love to see more!
Old 04-19-2004, 01:12 PM
IA-Flyer

Default RE: New RC Video

ORIGINAL: ArmyROTC

[X(] Awsome show, I love the old WW2 style planes with the bombing and all! I even saw the giant Carrier! wheh lots of work went into that im sure. Where was that held? Cool shots, Love to see more!

That video was taken at Ida Grove IA, the show was called “Striking Back” and the event was called “Expo”, it was put on by Byron Originals.
About ‘93 Expo (with Striking Back) was sold and re-located to Ankeny IA. Currently the planes are in a museum somewhere.
The B-25 needed about 6-9 pounds of nose weight; Rick had a great idea and put the camcorder in the nose instead of lead.
Rick said he has all the years of nose-video on one tape now and I can pick it up then next time I drop by. I’ll try to post more of the footage.

The Gee Bee R2 & P-38 video was shot at the same location using my camcorder. It was a beautiful place to fly. I don’t know how Byron was able to do it, at times I’m sure he had every person in both factory’s working on parts of the show or the set.

Iron Bay bought out Byron Originals and is starting to sell the kits again.
I’m not sure who owns Expo and Striking Back.
I was a Byron factory pilot before the show came about and the first few years of Striking Back. I’m hoping Iron Bay will give me permission to post some video from the demo tapes I flew in back then, I didn’t own a camcorder back in those days.

Jim