Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

How not to roll.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:41 PM
stevennh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How not to roll.....

This video shows a nasty dive with my Aerobird Extreme. It survived but my CX161 did not. Bummer. The transmitter made it. The plane did really well considering. It was 5" deep in the ground. I had modified the motor mount and added a tie down for the battery. Good thing!

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/lawndart.wmv]Lawn Dart Extreme[/link]

Steve

Update: 6/16, Yahoo, its back on it's feet, or wings... I just got in from a quick test flight, the new tail works fine. The plane flies as good as it ever did. I am a bit relieved. I did a quick tail update by tying a string accross the span of the tail from point to point (just a little tight). The tail is much more stable now and I hope this will prevent the downward stress that caused the other one to fail. I just did 5 loops in a row! A new camera will be on order shortly.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Skycam41

Default RE: How not to roll.....

whoooa, what happened? Lucky it did not plough into one of those houses! Sorry about the camera

Mike
Old 06-16-2004, 05:59 AM
stevennh

Default RE: How not to roll.....

I keep the plane over the field when I am doing anything crazy like trying to roll at high speed. If I am over the houses I am always flying slow and steady. The "V" tail on the extreme broke during the roll (hence the quick dive). I have to work on re-enforcing the tail.

Steve