Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

F27 On-Board Video (noisy...)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:24 PM
stevennh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F27 On-Board Video (noisy...)

I need to lose the linear regulator and move the camera forward and down, but the F27 carries the video setup fine...

I caught some rolls and loops (inside and outside). I like the way this thing can land!

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/F27Flight.wmv]F27 Video[/link]

Update: I added the u-bec converter and moved the camera to the nose. here is a sample (it was very windy today!).

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/F27Flight2.wmv]F27 Nose Camera[/link]
Old 08-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Jaxxon

Default RE: F27 On-Board Video (noisy...)

Great video stevennh, nice landing as well![8D]
Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Tetley

Great job steve, it was Very windy here in bournemouth today also, but i still flew ..

Jim
Old 08-30-2004, 10:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

That looked great! What kind of system are you using, stevennh, & where can a person get one?

BTW, I grew up in Pembroke N.H. & lived there until I was about 20. You should get some shots out around the beach if that's possible.........you're so close!

Take care,
Brad
Old 08-31-2004, 05:20 AM
stevennh

I have been meaning to get out to the beach and also to get closer to downtown Portsmouth all summer. I have to get the Aerobird Extreme and head down there after this weekend (crowds should be down). Some beach touch and goes would make for nice videos. Some shots of Portsmouth's downtown would also be nice. This fall for sure...

I am using what amounts to a 200mw BlackWidowAV.com "brown bag" (see banner on this forum). The setup is a 5v 2.4GHz 200mw tx coupled with a Panasonic KX121 camera (just like the older cx161 camera, CCD 330 lines). I use a 12v NiMh pack to power the RX and connect it to my Sony DV camera for the ground station. I also use the circular patch antenna that comes with the current "brown bag" kits. I also have a 600mw tx but don't use it much since I really don't need more range than I get with the 200mw system. I am currently using a u-bec switched regulator to convert the flight battery to 5v for the video system.

Steve
Old 09-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Mhale71

you skilled man, thats a fast bird
Old 09-06-2004, 08:35 AM
stevennh

If you got a close look at the F27 you might take back that "skilled" statement. Now it is more glue than foam. I like it though, it is fairly quick compared to what I am used to (Aerobird Extreme) and way more manuverable. I now have no hatches (broke the last of them in a full power dive to the ground on Saturday).

Here is my latest video effort, a few drop-outs this time, I have to work on the TX placement. The addition of camera and tx cuts performance on this plane quite a bit. I can't seem to pull through my loops as well with the camera and tx in place. I almost always end up stalling right near the top of my outside loops. The added weight of glue is starting to add up too!

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/F27lowpasses.wmv]Low Passes[/link]

Steve