Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Brushless leads question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless leads question...

Yeah, I know its the wrong forum but its my Home Forum so I thought I would ask here in addition to the electric newbie forum.
I got hold of a brushless setup to use on a Slow Stick and the motor came with no wiring instructions. It has a red, yellow, and green lead. Red is obvious. My question is which of the other colors would be negative? The Castle Creations ESC has red, white, and black in that order. I dont know if hooking it up wrong will make it run backwards or make it a small, brief heating element. Backwards would be no big deal. Cherry red would be.[:-]
Anyway, I know some of youse guys are doing the brushless thing so might be able to help.
TIA.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 PM
yb2normal

Default RE: Brushless leads question...

Watch out Dan, brushless is addictive!

Here is how you hook up a brushless motor.

Hook each wire from the motor to a wire on the controller. Color does not matter, order does not matter (not for this first test anyway).

Slowly fire up the motor, and if it rotates in the wrong direction, simply swap any two wires between the motor and controller, and it will reverse direction.

Good luck!
Bill
Old 01-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Fubar-One

Thanks!
Just didnt want to fry my first brushless motor.
Damn, now I gotta wire up the aiptek...
Old 01-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Rj-TailSpin

Brushless is the bomb! I've been using Jeti 30/3 with a 13X6.5 prop with a 7 cell nicad... it can raise the roof! If you test your motor in your hobby room... please lock down everything balsa!!! Everything I test the Jetti... I end up clearing off my hobby table! It's a bunch wind! You will love brushless motors... no mess, no degrade in efficiency... just pure power. Have fun!
Rob
Old 01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Fubar-One

Fired it up last night. I am sure the neighbors were wondering about the high pitched whine and the Tim Allen grunts coming from the garage! Cant wait to get this in the air pending replacement Slow Stick and a 3 cell Lipo.