Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Camera help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 02:42 AM
WillMcCaskill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera help

[&:] OK, so i got my camera a long time ago, but with the holidays and then finals at school I am just now getting around to it. So I'm here to ask you a question, How do i set this thing up! I know that sounds very broad, but i know nothing ( hey, everyone started somewhere). Thanks for your time, I have included a picture that will hopefully help.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55285.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	218819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28719.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	218820  
Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 AM
echobot

Default RE: Camera help

Will,

From what I see in your pictures, you are missing the receiver.

The white square box is your patch antenna and that hooks up to the receiver which is probably 12 volts and can be run off of your car battery.

The silver metal box is your transmitter and that goes on your airplane. It looks like your transmitter is 5 volts so you can run that off of a receiver battery pack.

If your camera is 5 volts you can run that off of a receiver battery too.

I don't know if your system is a plug and play system, but if it isn't here is how you would hook up the wires.

The red and black wires on the transmitter and camera will be hooked up to the battery. The yellow wire on the camera will hook up to the yellow wire on the transmitter.

The white wire is usually for sound and you really don't need it unless you have a miniture microphone that you want to put on the plane.

The white and black antennas can be used on either the transmitter or receiver. But since you have a patch antenna I would use that on the receiver.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 PM
WillMcCaskill

Thanks that helped a lot! And i do have the reciever, i just forgot to put it in the picture. If it makes a difference it is a Core524RX1 2.4ghz wireless video reciever.

Edit: My transmitter is 5.5V what difference does that make?
Old 01-22-2005, 01:41 PM
echobot

ORIGINAL: WillMcCaskill

Thanks that helped a lot! And i do have the reciever, i just forgot to put it in the picture. If it makes a difference it is a Core524RX1 2.4ghz wireless video reciever.

Well it sounds like you have everything you need.

Good luck with your video taping.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
MustangRay
My Feedback: (7)

And don't forget to share with us!!
ORIGINAL: echobot

Well it sounds like you have everything you need.

Good luck with your video taping.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:10 PM
WillMcCaskill

Sorry to bother you again, but how would i hook up the transmitter to the battery? Also, how do i know what wire is what, what i mean is the wires coming from my camera are just all brown.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:39 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Those brown wires would throw me too. If you know which pole does which on the plug on the camera you could trace the wires.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:16 PM
echobot

Sorry to bother you again, but how would i hook up the transmitter to the battery? Also, how do i know what wire is what, what i mean is the wires coming from my camera are just all brown.
What I have done is use two receiver batteries. One for the plane and one for the camera. If you use two batteries you can create your own pig tail for the battery hookup or you could buy a servo extension and cut one end off and use that to hook up the battery.

Wow! That sucks is all the wires are brown. I guess you will have to get with the people you bought the camera from and see if they can tell you what is what. The camera is going to have three wires. One positive, negative, and video wire.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Here is the standard pin assignment for these types of Panasonic cameras. You can hook the grounds together.
You only need the first 4 pins and I am not even sure about pin #4. I just joined it to the other ground pin. I cut the leads for pins 5 & 6 off completely.
Pin #1 will be your 5v positive input. Wire this along with the red wire on the transmitter. Cut the plug off the transmitter unless you are lucky enough to have the matching plug laying around.
The two GND wires (pin #'s 2 & 4) should be wired to the black wire on the tx.
The video out (Pin #3) goes to the yellow wire on the tx.
The battery power should go to pin#1 and the red tx wire.
The negative power lead goes to both GND wires on the camera and the black wire on the tx.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29692.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	219601  
Old 01-24-2005, 04:52 PM
yb2normal

Hi Will,

The camera was packaged with documentation, did you have a chance to look at it?

Regards,
Bill
Old 07-17-2005, 10:30 AM
wounded_bird
My Feedback: (1)

Hi , My name is Rich. And it looks like your on the right track with some of the advice you have been getting. I have one of these systems. If you are using this in a electric plane you should have no problem with the signal comming into the reciever. But., if you are using a gas airplane you may have problems recieving siglnals due to the vibrations in the airplane from the engine. You will need a directional antenna (Yagi antenna) . You will need an assitant to hold the antenna and point it towards the airplane while it is flying. The small transmitter has a weak signal and with the directional antenna it ia able recieve a stonger signal and eliminate any vibrations and stratchy pictures. Let me know how you made out. It is alot of fun taking videos from the airplane. One neat thing you can try is to mount the camera on a small platform and connect the platform to a servo on an aux. channel.... to rotate it while you are flying.