Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

wireless rc camera Help!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 02:29 AM
stunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wireless rc camera Help!!!

I am looking for a wireless camera to mount inside of my rc plane. I am wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy one. Now I really dont want to spend a lot of money. Basically 100$ and down. If anyone has bought one of those cameras on ebay please, let me know how those work. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
rcairplanenut

Default RE: wireless rc camera Help!!!

The cheap e bay cameras are good and bad, some people can get them to work but it is a gamble of your money if you do so. I got a black widow av 600mw brown bag kit, it was 296$ after shipping and so I like the system. It is more of a sure thing then the e bay cams but I have read some good things about those cams as well.

SG
Old 07-08-2005, 07:29 PM
yb2normal

Do a search on posts by 'Fubar'... he is the master of squeezing good results out of the cheap ebay setups.

The two biggest success factors are:
1) find a tx/rx with channel SWITCHES. Avoid the ones with a tuning knob.
2) use a ccd camera instead of cmos. cmos will get you in the air ok, but ccd will make it shine. Expect to pay more for the ccd camera than you did for the tx/rx set!

Good luck,
Bill
Old 08-01-2005, 12:17 AM
bbs53

Hi, I have to agree, out of 3, I have one that works fairly well. I use it in a ground application, my car, but the results are less than stunning. The trouble is that they don't seem to have any range and interference is a big problem. It is like a lot of things, you get what you pay for and if you go cheap, you get cheap. I did end up with the 4 channel receiver and upgraded the camers, but I am still not really happy with the results. I am going to be looking into a flight quality camera even though I still just want one for a drivers view at 80+ miles per hour in my Serpent Vector.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:34 AM
sky-pilot

woooow! does your car make a 130 kmh!!!! that is insane man ! how big is ya wheel?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-4G-0-1W-wirele...QQcmdZViewItem
When you look at the ad it says .1 watts but it's actuall 1 watt or 1000 mw.
If you strip the metal case off it and bypass the regulator so that you can run it off your plane's battery, it's not very heavy at all.
I have one of these and with the stock antenna I get about a half mile range. I have one receiver that I put an sma connector and gp patch antenna on and with that I get over a mile.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:24 PM
bbs53

Hi, I see what you are saying. In a car of course, it wouldn't matter as far as weight goes and I have found as well they are not that power sensitive. Most of the transmitters and receivers will run in a + or - 3 volt range and probably more. The earlier statement about staying away from the tuner knob type receivers is right on the money, but I still am not really satisfied with the quality of my current set-up. I will invest in a set of "boosters" for the signals and see if that helps, thanks for the tip. And in answer to the question about the Serpents speed, been radared at + that. These cars are really the fastest thing on the road I have seen yet. They run foam tires in the 2.2 inch range. They are ground rockets and there is nothing like them, but they are very specialized cars, not for bashing around, besides they are way too expensive to hit a curb with!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:19 AM
sparkling_fist

i like the camera for the draganfly v
its very good quality and does not have any problems with the signal..
but it costs about $500 and im not sure if it will fit on my dragonfly 36