Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

BlackWidow 2.4Ghz @ 1000mw Video Clip

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

BlackWidow 2.4Ghz @ 1000mw Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Ogriv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BlackWidow 2.4Ghz @ 1000mw Video Clip

Greetings,

This was originally a 20 minute video, I had to reduce the quality and length to fit in the PutFile server. Basically, we have a man in our club that would do anything for anybody. Every year he takes the mower and cuts the weeds out to spell the club name. So I thought it would make a nice aerial video.

Enjoy

[link=http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Jackson-RCAces]Jackson RCAces Mowed Logo[/link]
Old 07-31-2005, 08:03 AM
_WIT_

Default RE: BlackWidow 2.4Ghz @ 1000mw Video Clip

Very Nice!

Sounds like a sports car when you power it up for takeoff

Mike, I'd like to know more about your setup - Got time for a few questions?
I purchased the 600mw brown bag kit. It's going in the Concept Fleet 1/4 scale I've been building.

*I saw your earlier post concerning the MIC1000, so I ordered one from SCD. Got it a couple days ago, and all seems to be working on the bench except the mic level is very low. What supply are you using on it? Did you have that issue as well?

*Do you still have the tx mounted on the outside of the model?

*Is your camera the boxed version, or open backed? If open, what did you enclose it with?

*Almost no vibration effects on your camera setup - how do you have it attached? What are you using to reduce vibration levels at the camera? Are you considering a pan/tilt mount? I'd love to see some pics (or video) of your setup.

This hobby just keeps getting better !

Thanks,

Wit
Old 07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Ogriv

To fight the vibration effects of my OS61FX, I applied some foam tape to the wing saddle. I also isolated the Tx from the fuse with 2 layers of rubber foam (The type that comes with Rx). The camera is mounted way out on the end of the wing (this was a convienient place to mount it because my wife put a hole in the wing there. The camera is mounted directly to the balsa wood, there is no foam or rubber in the pod at all! As for the battery, I built my own pack using 700ma rechargeables AAA from wallmart. This pack runs the Tx, Camera and the Mic. I have no problems with the level of the signal. when the plane is not running, you can hear the servos moving (Cool).

My plane is on the wall at the moment, but I took some quick pics for you. (Excuse the mess, I'm currently building a J-3 cub and a P-38 Lightning

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44091.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	303811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19723.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	303812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io29148.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	303813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90389.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	303814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pb35542.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	303815  
Old 07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the lawn job
Old 08-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Ogriv

Well, our annual Fly-In / Competition is this weekend at the Bob Evans Farm in Rio Grande, Ohio. So I am taking a 25" television and my video plane. We are going to let everybody on the ground get a LIVE birds-eye view of the event.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
wangchung__66

Sweet deal and wicked movie Mike.... i was wondering how much ur setup cost u