Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Casio Inflight video

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Casio Inflight video

Inflight video using a Casio Z57 digital camera
http://media.putfile.com/Inflight-digital-camera-video
Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
kd7ost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Casio Inflight video

Good looking video. I prefer a pilots perspective straight ahead but thats just a personal preference. I usually look at the videos and don't comment but in this case I want to compliment the flying. It's nice to see a video shot from a plane flown as if the sticks are proportional devices and not on off switches. I could actually focus in on and identify objects on the ground in your video. It's much harder to gain a good pespective with a side mounted camera flying low because the ground rushes by and you don't see anything ahead. Coupled with the fairly narrow FOV of these camera's, objects just appear, sweep through and they're gone in a second and as a blur. You also circled in a manner to keep the same basic place framed up on the ground. Nice, and thanks for sharing.

Dan
Old 12-10-2005, 02:23 AM
polak700
My Feedback: (3)

Nice video, but I have to agree with kd7ost about the camera mount. I also like front slightly down view, that way i don't get a motion sicknes when I wach the video. Nice resolution.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:19 AM
W4UAV

Shoot, Sparky Paul has put a camera in any configuration you can think of! This ones just a little different, I like it. Hes one my inspirations to get into electric AP. Ill be posting some pics from my Slow Stick later today (foam and aluminum, Dan!)

Thanks for sharing Paul!

MIke R.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:55 PM
kd7ost

ORIGINAL: (foam and aluminum, Dan!)
Hey, what kind of a crack is that?

Nothing wrong with Foam and aluminum. It works and is cheap. I just meant it's nice sometimes to see "builders" still at it. You guys cut me no slack.

Dan