Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Bonehead question.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonehead question.....

I never thought I'd be interested in "on-board" video, so when specialty equip started comming out, I sorta ignored it all. Well,times change. seems I remember a small video cam/transmitter/receiver selling for something like a hundredbucks? And the receiver could be USB'd to a lap top, and the video down loaded to a DVD......is any of this making sense?
I'm lookng for a relaively inexpensive on-board setup, hat I can download to disc......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
sansouci01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bonehead question.....

Hi Kliff,
If an easy all in one video setup is what you're looking for, try the one-time use camcorder from cvs pharmacy. You can buy them for about 30 bucks. They older models can be hacked so you can use them over and over again. You get 20 minutes of video and with the software you can get online, you can download the video to your computer and use the camera again. The camera itself is about 2 inches wide and 4 inches high. It weighs about 5 or so ounces with the 2 aa batteries. I bought a battery holder and mounted the batteries on top of the receiver so the camera woudle be a little lighter wherever I mounted it. It can be mounted just about anywhere on your plane and not effect the cg much. Some people take it apart and just mount the camera.(it has an lcd screen on the back)If you want more info, go to camerahackers.com. I bought mine from a guy on e-bay for 60 bucks. He did all the work and I had all the fun. check out the link below. this is my first video. it was a little windy that day but you can see, the quality is pretty good [link]http://media.putfile.com/avistar-movie[/link]