Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

VR Goggles and On-board Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:47 AM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VR Goggles and On-board Video

ORIGINAL: JettPilot

ORIGINAL: FlyerBry

As far as technology not being adopted due to the AMA not endorsing it... Hogwash! If anything liability issues will stop more products from being developed than the lack of an endorsement from the AMA. This is the same reason the AMA doesn't endorse FPV. Not to mention the work the AMA does to protect our use of public radio frequencies. You actually benefit from the AMA whether you choose to join or not.

DO NOT misquote me, I NEVER said anything about "technology not being adopted due to AMA not endorsing it". Where did you get that from ? AMA is not important enough to keep technology from being developed.

As far as our sue happy society, it may be the law, but its wrong and bad for the country, and bad for all of us. This is the form of corruption here in the US, doing the wrong thing so lawyers and others can grow rich at the expense of the people. A different way, but its corruption just like in the third world, and its getting worse as time passes. The fact that you defend it tells me a lot about your intelligence. The fact that you dont even realize how most of the paranoid old guys act at the fields just confirms it.

JettPilot
Hmmmm... You are questioning my intelligence!

First of all I didn't misquote you. I quoted your entire post! Anyone reading my post can see what you said in your post. One of my college degrees happens to be in Journalism. I know what it means to misquote someone. That particular comment was a continuation of the general discussion which many have contributed to. That comment wasn't aimed directly at you. If you thought is was some kind of personal attack, that wasn't my intention.

Second, our sue happy society hasn't gotten to its current sad state due to our laws. However, I generally agree with you that it is "wrong and bad for the country, and bad for all of us." The problem is two-fold. First, there aren't enough limitations (I guess that would be a lack of laws) on how and when a person can sue. This isn't something that is easily solved but it basically means if someone has the slightest notion that they have suffered some type of loss they have the right to sue. Even though their argument may be a bunch of bull, assuming the case isn't settled first (often because it is cheaper) they still get their day in court. The second problem is the existence of unethical lawyers (or maybe just too many of them) that will take these frivolous cases on. How you came to the conclusion that I was defending frivolous law suits is beyond me. My argument was in favor of belonging to the AMA in order to protect yourself from law suits, frivolous or otherwise.

Third, and the reason I quoted your post... You made a general statement about older flyers and also how they are somehow controlling the AMA. Now making a blanket statement about older flyers just wanting to sit around and tell everyone their business simply isn't the case in my area. That was the point of the very first sentence in my post. I have run into my share of old folks who don't have anything better to do than stick their nose in other people's business so I understand the basis of your comment. I guess I am lucky in that I haven't run across one of these types at my field or any of the other fields in my area. As far as the AMA is concerned I do have experience working with the AMA and simply have not run into the situation you describe in my dealings with them. That's not to say I always agree with every statement they make on safety, etc. but I do think their decisions are based on sound reasoning. Even if they sometimes seem too eager to try an error on the side of safety.

JettPilot it's simple... If the AMA isn't for you then don't join. It's your right to make that decision based on your opinion. I simply think it is wise to consider the potental consequences of not joining - that is simply my opinion.

FlyerBry
Old 10-21-2006, 07:33 AM
bcpoulsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VR Goggles and On-board Video

Enough arguing about the AMA. Does anyone have an update on the development of head tracking equipment?