Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Which 2.4GHz Patch receiver antenna to get???

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Which 2.4GHz Patch receiver antenna to get???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:09 PM
JMSTECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which 2.4GHz Patch receiver antenna to get???

Here is a friend of mine, Denis. His video is very inspirational for all of us and I plan on buying the same plane as his. Check it out!

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=2BCY4XF0
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 AM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Thanks,,,with the camera mounted on the boom and by the TE of the wing I get a view of the motor and Landing gear,,much better to fly it by just looking at the screen,,I also added a 401 gyro I had laying arround to the elevator and what a difference it keeps the horizon in one spot!!!
One problem I'm having with it now is that it keeps hunting the elevator so now I'm getting vivration due to that.
the other thing I noticed I got lot's of glitches on my RC radio TX and that makes the flight kind of shaky,,I'm gonna have to get a pcm and very small 6ch Receiver,,now I'm using a GWS rx wich are not bad but I get lot's of glitches
Old 06-18-2007, 05:11 AM
charrua

ORIGINAL: JMSTECH

Here is a friend of mine, Denis. His video is very inspirational for all of us and I plan on buying the same plane as his. Check it out!

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=2BCY4XF0

I couldnt watch the video,,,do you have to create an account to be able to watch it????
Old 06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
moogly

Ya I tryed it to but got nowhere thats a hour out of my life I won't get back
Great Link I like watching ADS
Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 PM
JMSTECH

Did you type the three characters at the upper right hand corner? After that, in the part where it said "free" - wait 40 seconds until download. Then after 40 sec it will say download free. Click on that and you should download Denis's higher resolution version of his newest video. It shows his Easystar equipped with Anthony's A/V TX (I have one they work great), then him using his head tracking, turning his camera left right and then chasing a bird. A real inspiration for all of us to shoot for.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 AM
charrua

ahhh I didnt wait for the 40+ seconds,,that's pretty cool video!!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 PM
JMSTECH

Glad U enjoyed it!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 AM
JMSTECH

Hey Charrua....

I found my lost plane and made a quick video of the recover mission. I couldn't send my recon plane to perform an aerial video sweep because of the hard winds blowing from the east, so had to search by foot. The aerial videos on this film was done from it's last flight before crashing.... Anyhow enjoy buddy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAD53T09
Old 06-20-2007, 03:08 PM
charrua

jajajaja,,,that's a funny video!!!! I see you also like playing with photoshop!!!!

to everyone here,,,what Airplae Receiver are you all using??? I 'm really having lot's of glitches out of my GWS mini RX,, I have always had glithches here and there but it's been getting worst lately.

Before I didnt care but now I'm thinking in installing a good PCM Rx on this since I got like $600 on this Slow Stick,,hehehe

It's probably the most expensive Slow Stick ever built!!!! $300 worth of camera nd D/L,, 401 gyro, CC ESC 25amp, 1 TP 3sp 1320 and a 1 TP 2sp 910.
So why not spend a little bit more on the RX just to maybe keep the plane safe.!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 PM
JMSTECH

Ha ha ha ... thanks charrua! Well I'm using a standard Futaba 8 channel but I keep hearing that the Bergs are really hot for glitch reducing because of the signal filtering ( http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...7-channel.html ). Just my 2 bit, I'm sure you will get a lot of good advice here!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM
moogly

I agree I use have a hitec and it glitches all over my berg is soild as a rock
cool video by the way
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
charrua

mmm,,that's interesting to know maybe I should get one of those,,I was alsmost buying this one at Tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJRW0&P=0 but after the crystal it will be like over $ 90 bucks compared to $56 to the Castle Creations one!!! and I get one more chanel.
what do you think???
Old 06-20-2007, 11:12 PM
JMSTECH

Thank you moogly

I plan on buying a Berg next. Now as for the extra channels... what do you plan on doing? I personally need minimum of 7 channels because of ailerons, rudder, elevator, throttle, camera tilt and camera pan on head tracking system. If you do not plan on having camera pan & tilt then you don't need so many channels. Then again if you buy buy a 7 & higher channel, you always have room for future goodies, providing your TX can support it.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:11 AM
charrua

I'll be ordering the Berg 7ch this morning from Tower,,I got the 6ch GWS and I'm already using all the chnnels!!!

Aileron,Rudder,Throtlle,Gyro,Pan and tilt!!!! I flew last night with a Standard Full size 8ch Receiver I had and I got no glitches at all.

I'm looking into one of the cheap UAV's from Nitro Planes to use it as a camera plane they are pushers and look pretty good and for the specs and for what Ive heard they are not that bad for less than $80 bucks!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
JMSTECH

I hope it's not the white colored one with the black & yellow checker on the wing tips. I own that one and it's a piece of garbage! Poorly constructed, the ailerons... what ever you call those "rear" angle fins with flaps are fairly weak and will flex when activated. That means turning response is very slow. Oh yeah... not capable of carrying anymore weight like A/V TX, extra battery, camera....

I've seen balsa version used by a guy in Israel. Works ok but he switched to a CAP now. Motorized gliders has always been the choice in video flying. Get lots of air time, can carry the added weight etc.... just my 2 bit into this
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
charrua

I really like Slow Sticks but I still can get rid of all the vivration transmited to the camera somehow so I kind of want something bigger and maybe faster so it's more stable and steady for video,,everytime I watch that Video with the friend of yours and that Esay star plane or whatever it's called I kind of wantto get one too just to do video,,,I got an Omega 16/15/4 I could use to rocket that plane.

this is the UAV I was talking about http://www.nitroplanes.com/4eluavrqprra1.html I know all the Nitromodels planes are cheaply built but we all know we get what we paid for but I have seen them and thay are not all that bad with a bit of reinforecement on some areas they can be ok and of course dont even crash one or even hard land one

Now with a friend of mine we are talking on building one with a sig cadet 80'' wingspan Wing nd just build a fuse like a stick fuse or something.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
JMSTECH

Ohhh that UAV.. Yeah it's ok! I've seen it used once and the guy bought his goods from rangevideo.com. Actually I think his picture of his set up may still be there on rangevideo.com.

SO charrua I should be receiving my Easystar next week. Another good platform is Twinstar like my old plane; she can handle tremendous amount of weight! Crashz9 of ftpvideo.com has a GPS, Samsung SD camcorder, On Screen Display P/T servos and a KX 131 all on one Twinstar! I couldn't believe it but she flys great.. a little fast though because of the weight. The Easystar ($59.00) and the Twinstar2 ($90.00?) are both made of elapor styro foam so CA glue is used to put it together and hot water to get rid of those crash wrinkles. Something to consider since it's cheap and indestructible. Oh yeah they do come with brushed motors but never use those because of the interference they produce which screws up video transmission. (know this from experience)
Old 06-22-2007, 09:11 PM
moogly

I have flowen my slow stick for most of my video http://media.putfile.com/setup-and-flight and i dont seen to have any problems with vibration
(unless my shaft or prop is out of wack)
but I use my Mini Telemaster and that worked pretty well no aluminim to interfere and it was pretty fast with a e-flight 450 outrunner on it
but I to have looked a the easy star and twinstar for a platform and they both look pretty good but the brushed motors do have to go
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 PM
charrua

moogly is that how you land everytime??? was tat a crash landing????[X(]

I think my problem might be related to the pan and tilt I was shaking the fuse and I see thecamera shaking too,,I have atached a hs 55 t the Alum frame for Pan then I glued another hs 55 to the star servo horn of the first one to give me Tilt function and then I used the long ervo arm and I used a screw to hold the camera from the side only fome one side where it had the holes for the camera holder so it wigges a bit,, maybe that's all there is,,or maybe I should get rid of the Tilt and use Pan only ane get me a different lens.

i'm still using the Stock lens,,wich one is the best one for the AV the Wide one??? or what have you guys found best???
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
moogly

yep she comes in hot!
when i'm on the grass like that and into a hill
on pavment and a full wing (that one is clipped for the wind) I can glide it in pretty nice
but it has some weight behind it so?? I just try to get it on the ground
unlike some of the picts i have @ www.putfile.com/mbren
my camera is mounted right ti the fuse or under the wing so without servos or pan and tilt I'm probably in a easyer mounting situation
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM
JMSTECH

I use a 2.95mm, same as human perception. Others use a 2.45?mm which is wider almost fish eye effect. Can mess up your sense of where things are located (trees, light post etc.) but does make you feel like you are higher up. Both very popular and I just bought a wider angle myself, which I will take at the field. Switch lenses when I switch batteries for a different feel each flight.

Did you guys mod out your HS 81servo to stretch 180 degrees? It's easy to do. Open the servo and pull out the pot. you will see three wires soldered to it. Get (3) 2K ohm 1/8 watt 1% resistors and solder in between the pot and the wires. Then you use a hobby knife and cut out the gear stopper on the inside of the case. You now have a modded out HS 55 servo that will spin 180'. Cheap and no added weight! If you've seen my videos, you will see me panning my camera on the Twinstar. Watching the two props spin is kind of a neat effect!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:09 AM
charrua

I also got the Rangevideo Aerial Video setup and I'm using the stock lens that comes with the 131,,what mm is that???
Old 06-23-2007, 09:30 AM
moogly

i'm not sure but future hobbies lists the 131 as coming with a 3.6 mm lens
I got the 420 and i think I have a 6mm but If you look at my videos I think Is more like a 3.6 it pretty wide and I do get distortion and the horizion but it does make it look like i'm way up there I am going to try to get a true 6mm or even a 12 mm and see what I get for video then
Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
charrua

I need some help here now I did some changes on my camera mounting and got rid of the tilt to see if I loose some of the vibration and now I dont have picture comming out of the camera..mmm last time I flew it was fine now it doesnt work and I cant figure out what it is,,I do get sound and when I plug the power in to it I get a whitish screen so I checked for loose cables and everything seems to be fine I just dont know what to check for or how to test the camera to see if that went bad or something.
It's always something is'nt it?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM
moogly

Are you on the right channel? did the switch get moved? on the TX or changed on the RX? is the lens cap removed(ha ha)
is your batt charged for the camera & TX

By the way I noticede you had the camera on the top of the wing i think you may be getting alot of wind resitence from that I always had mine under the wing might be worth a try when you get it working

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.