Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Need help with my BWAV 500mw transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Need help with my BWAV 500mw transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
davidtkal
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my BWAV 500mw transmitter

Hi gang, I spent this weekend getting my pan and tilt system built. In the end I was very pleased with the end of the build. So I wanted to try it out with my hacked up goggles, but didn't have much luck, here's what happened.

For Christmas my wife got me your new 500 mw transmitter. I was excited about that and I was going to use for my FPV project. I decided to power up the old camera (KX141) with the new transmitter. Rather than just solder the wires together I took my time, and used the small deans connectors and made separate wire harnesses to connect the whole thing together, that would make a neater installation. I powered it up and got no video? Hmmmmm. Ok I rechecked my wiring and everything was correct, power leads, grounds and video were all correct. I made sure than I was on the same channels, and even tried all the other channels. I could tell the transmitter was coming on because the diversity receiver was switching to the other side. Next I put that camera on my 50 mw transmitter and it worked. For some reason I’m not getting the camera to work on this transmitter. I’m stuck. Do you have any thoughts on what could be wrong? Could it be that the connectors are causing the problem?

The transmitter was bought though BWAV, which is where all my equipment came from. Range video have the same transmitter. The wiring is straight forward, and I looked at everything so long, I was exhausted. I wanna play with my toy!!!!

So defer to the experts, any ideas? Anyone have the same problem at one time? Thanks guys! Dave
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 AM
headhunter23

Default RE: Need help with my BWAV 500mw transmitter

Would it be they aren't on the same frequency? Just an idea.

Ivan
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 PM
davidtkal
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need help with my BWAV 500mw transmitter

After a 24 hour break, I reviewed the suggestions from everyone and applied them all, but the simplest solution was the culprit. Turns out that I had misunderstood the tiny diagram and the dip switches were just the opposite. After that everything worked incredible. I can rest easy tonight. Thank you to everyone who responded. Now back to my project. I'm a happy man!