Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

AP Suggestions for newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
madfreestyler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AP Suggestions for newbie

Hey All,

I need some advice on a first time AP setup. I just parted with a Vario camera rig and now realise i want to revisit the venture...... typical

Anyway the intention is to turn it into a business but for now need more of a proof of concept and to get a portfolio together.

My thoughts are to get a 400 size machine but dont know whats avaliable in terms of camera rigs. I was thinking initially of getting a canon or simular compact with a blip remote trigger but aren't sure whether this setup would be too heavy for a 400 size machine.

Also are there many of you guys in the UK making a living out of this?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a trigger device preferably electronic?

Anyway look forward to the feedback
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
batwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AP Suggestions for newbie

ORIGINAL: madfreestyler

Hey All,

I need some advice on a first time AP setup. I just parted with a Vario camera rig and now realise i want to revisit the venture...... typical

Anyway the intention is to turn it into a business but for now need more of a proof of concept and to get a portfolio together.

My thoughts are to get a 400 size machine but dont know whats avaliable in terms of camera rigs. I was thinking initially of getting a canon or simular compact with a blip remote trigger but aren't sure whether this setup would be too heavy for a 400 size machine.

Also are there many of you guys in the UK making a living out of this?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a trigger device preferably electronic?

Anyway look forward to the feedback

You may want to take a look of the following web page.

http://www.quadroufo.com

I build one and my first out door flight looks very good consider I'm not a good pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0AnE_utR44