Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

HIGH SPEED ONBOARD

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 AM
jetdryvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIGH SPEED ONBOARD

Hi all,
I am new to onboard video but would GREATLY appreciate some quick inputs.

I want to fly at around 250-275 MPH. If I do onboard video and fly through the "goggles"

1. Do you trust any of the available reasonably priced systems for this purpose (speed)?
2. Would I need to have speed reducing fat antennas sticking off the plane?
3. Which system would you recommend to do this?
3.5. I would stay within Spektrum 2.4 range....so I would need the system to be at least that range.
4. Obviously I don''t want to crash so I need some reliability and a high refresh rate and resolution.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!
Erik
Old 04-21-2008, 11:17 PM
headhunter23

Default RE: HIGH SPEED ONBOARD

I think your asking a lot when your looking at those speeds. Are you new to flying? I would take a look at easystar as a starting point then perhaps multiplex funjet and if you still need more speed... uhh someone else would have to pipe up.

if your running a 2.4ghz spektrum then get a receiver with a secondary antenna... ahhh what else. Get a good video system from range video or one of their competitors... specifically the 900mhz .5w system maybe 1 w. But for weight and range anyways .5 should do. Um... read. A lot.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:47 AM
moogly

Ditto a 900MHZ camera system at 1/2 watt I went through future hobbies with a 2.4GHz radio I use a specktrum DX6i should be fine. But the equipment will keep up can you ? [X(]
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Mark Piper

There are also some very good 5.8 gig video systems out there too. These systems offer better reception and are totally compatible with the 2.4 gig systems. I have found that some of the most compact and durable systems are marketed by the law enforcement suppliers.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
moogly

Ya future carrys 5.8Ghz systems so that would be an option too[&:]. A little spendy[X(] but you get what you pay for
https://www.futurehobbies.com/items_...id=30&item=182
Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 AM
panzerd18

What type of spaceship do you hope to fly at 250-275mph?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:21 AM
headhunter23

I thought the higher the mhz the less range you get. Atleast that is what I have read. In fact the longest range radio system I have come across runs at 72.something mhz, which supposedly gives a range of 2km versus the 1-1.5km for 2.4ghz etc. Could be wrong haven't read too much on 5.8ghz.

Ivan.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
moogly

Thats not what I have found @2.4Ghz you have a short wave lenght and can travel farther and through things.
giving the right power. but you get more mutipath. Look at cell phone there @ 1.9Ghz and there clean. and the cops have gone to 2.4GHz for the same reason.