Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Media Player, Can't use Brightness, Contrast during playback

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Media Player, Can't use Brightness, Contrast during playback

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media Player, Can't use Brightness, Contrast during playback

I just got a new Sony HDR-CX7 a week ago, and it's my first video recorder in years.
The software package that comes with the camera will convert and play the recorded files just fine.

The issue I'm having is playing back the video on my PC with either the Sony software, or Windows Media Player.

Video recorded on an HDR-CX7 will playback on Windows Media Player, but none of the controls of the player are useable. (Video Settings - Brightness, Contrast etc.)
This happens whether the file is converted from m2ts to mpeg, or taken as an mpeg with the camera.
Any thoughts?

The viewer and software supplied with the camera work good, but again, there is no way to adjust any of the video settings during playback.

Thanks for any ideas
Bob