Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

New Aerial Photography Website

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
mtj922

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aerial Photography Website

Hi all,

I just wanted to get your opinion on this new aerial photography website I made. Any constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks!

[link=http://www.skycamsandiego.com]www.skycamsandiego.com[/link]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
headhunter23

Default RE: New Aerial Photography Website

It looks good but speaking from a website designers perspective, theres no consistency between the pages. It feels like I'm at a new site each page. Other than that it looks good. Adding some cheap and easy flash would spruce things up by adding some dynamic content instead of all static pages and images.

Ivan.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
jpinegar

stunning photos, what will a normal shoot cost? I'm wanting to start something like that in Kansas
Old 09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
jpinegar

Two questions: What kind of heli are you using and what device are you using to make the Nikon take the pictures? thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM
NVentiveTV

Just curious I read a blurb in a magazine a little while ago that the FAA placed restrictions on the commercial operation of R/C aircraft back in 2007, and that everything was supposedly locked down. I just invested in a system and am looking perhaps at a DF 6. Anybody know anything about the legality of this type of thing now?
Thanks S
Old 09-12-2008, 04:45 PM
flyforfood99
My Feedback: (1)

Take a look at this. Most of what you want to read is on page 5 and 6.

[link]http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/uas/reg/media/frnotice_uas.pdf[/link]

There is more supporting stuff that can drawn up from the FAA. The short and skinny is, you can take pictures from your model airplane. If you take pictures with the intent to sell them, that is illegal.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
NVentiveTV

Bummer I was just about to buy a DF 6.
Thanks for the info - S
Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
flyforfood99

I don't mean to deter anyone else from doing what they like. I was interested myself and through some research found that I wasn't willing to take the risk to do it. I'm also a commercial pilot and have a little more to lose than some, as the FAA can revoke pilot certificates which would affect my "real job". Best wishes.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM
NVentiveTV

I'm thinking now that those of us who are interested should get organized and start hitting that "feedback" link. Thoughtful, well-crafted advocacy could help create classifications that could work well for us in the future. Personally, I would not mind regulation at all, as it would keep everybody and their dog from doing something that I think could be a good thing. I would be perfectly willing to take classes, pass inspections, pay a reasonable fee and be licensed. It would reinforce my business integrity and dedication, be a good sales tool, and make it easier for me to maintain good, affordable insurance.
I vote that we get together and get organized. Anyone who wants to contact me directly to compare notes, please do not hesitate. You can private message me here, or contact me thru the info link of my website, www.n-ventivetv.com
Hopefully, after Ike blows thru, I'll still have a studio to work from.....
Old 09-13-2008, 05:42 PM
flyforfood99

I fully agree with you. Are you familiar with www.rcapa.org ?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 PM
NVentiveTV

Nope Im a nubie. I'm headed over to the link now. Thanks! -S
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
NVentiveTV

No Joy on the link. Sever may be down due to weather, I'll try again later....
Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 PM
flyforfood99

my bad. www.rcapa.net
Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 AM
NVentiveTV

Got it thanks -S
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 PM
hover55

I've yet to review all that is in the links you kind flyers have posted... Particularly the FAA regulations... I will proceed with my plans to build a competent RC heli capable of shooting high quality video and stills. As for "selling" such visuals? They are simply "support" to scripts that I may sell.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Skyhignhphotos

RCAPA was started by Patrick Egan in the hopes of having people donate money to a fake cause. The FAA has nothing to stop anyone from shooting with and R/C aircraft. Most have figured out this is a bogus claim in hopes more newbie’s will donate to the fund. The FAA states CIVIL aircraft. Look up the definition of Civil on the FAA site. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A R/C aircraft.

Look at the person closely that states you can't do thins anymore. Almost every one will be a full size pilot or have an agenda to make money off of you.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
flyforfood99

Did you ever consider that the 'full size' pilots say it's not legal because they might have a thorough understanding of FAA regulations and how the FAA works? Just a thought.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Skyhignhphotos

I am a full size pilot. The only full size pilots I have seen complain about R/C are basically worried about the R/C guy taking money away from them or they are starving for attention. Why would I come on an RC forum and boast about being a full size pilot? Never have found a need to brag? Love flying full size and r/c. Seem to get along with both.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
flyforfood99

Hey, I don't want to give the wrong impression. My original posts were only to try and help others that were looking for a little clarification. I posted the link below as a reference so that people could take for themselves the current stance of the FAA regarding aircraft without on board pilots. I'm not trying to be a 'rule-weenie' or tell other people what to do. I'm trying to present information so that others can be more educated on the decisions they make.

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert...notice_uas.pdf

A couple of notes that I took from this.

Page 1
Simply stated, an unmanned aircraft is a device that is used, or is intended to be
used, for flight in the air with no onboard pilot. These devices may be as simple as a
remotely controlled model aircraft used for recreational purposes or as complex as
surveillance aircraft flying over hostile areas in warfare.

Page 5-6
The FAA recognizes that people and companies other than modelers might be flying
UAS with the mistaken understanding that they are legally operating under the authority of AC 91-57. AC 91-57 only applies to modelers, and thus specifically excludes its use by
persons or companies for business purposes.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 AM
patrickegan

Fly,

I have to hand it to you for being smart enough not to take the bait. If it were a fake cause I wouldn't currently be in Virginia for the sUAS ARC meeting, no denial here. We as a group are facing a very dark commercial future. That is regardless of what you think of me or RCAPA.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
NVentiveTV

My Two cents here I have visited with Patrick on several occasions and have always found him to be very open and helpful. At no time did he ever try to hit me up for money not the sort of behaviour I'd expect from someone running a scam.
The RCAPA is legit, the concerns are real, and I only wish that I had time to help. Things are a little nutsy around here right now, and I don't want to volunteer for something that I might not be able to complete - hopefully I'll be able help out later this spring. We all need to be doing something, and Patrick is taking some real initiative. At the very least we should all wish him well.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 PM
iflybyu77

RCAPA was started by Patrick Egan in the hopes of having people donate money to a fake cause. The FAA has nothing to stop anyone from shooting with and R/C aircraft. Most have figured out this is a bogus claim in hopes more newbie’s will donate to the fund. The FAA states CIVIL aircraft. Look up the definition of Civil on the FAA site. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A R/C aircraft.

Look at the person closely that states you can't do thins anymore. Almost every one will be a full size pilot or have an agenda to make money off of you.
Fake cause? I have some bad news for you. I secretly stashed Evlis and the "Uh Huh Girls" in my attic. They are sill alive!

Mr. Fake Cause can file his on FOIA and find out what is up. I simply can't believe how unfazed some people are about posting false information. Mr. Fake, don't donate money, and you won't ever have a problem. Even Mr. Fake has an agenda - ask him what it is.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM
patrickegan

Read up on the fake cause here and the February issue of Model Aviation (Presidents message). Or call the AIR-160 office yourself and ask whats up. This late in the game and people still have their heads in the sand. They'll be doing the sock puppet routine when it hits the national register.

http://rgl.faa.gov/regulatory_and_gu...light=1110.150
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Mike06659

Anybody interested in an rc Aerial Photography Book?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=502697
Thanks
Old 04-10-2009, 02:51 AM
itisaniceday
Banned

Nope Im a nubie. I'm headed over to the link now. Thanks! -S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.