Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

A good 1W TX/RX with about 500TVL video camera system

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

A good 1W TX/RX with about 500TVL video camera system

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:37 AM
jianlun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good 1W TX/RX with about 500TVL video camera system

Hi,
i am new to aerial videography. may i ask if there is a good 1w TX/RX and video camera combination which works well, based on experience? i looking at 2.4GHz, which is a approved band in Singapore, where i reside.

thanks!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:15 AM
jianlun

Default RE: A good 1W TX/RX with about 500TVL video camera system

i came across the following 2 possible options. has anyone had experience with these?

1. http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....e4a759a1075f84 (mix and match, lawmate 1000mW with diversity reciever and 420TVL sony PAL camera
2. https://www.futurehobbies.com/items_...?id=1&item=125

thanks!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM
headhunter23

rangevideo.com sells same stuff. Pretty much all three are same hardware, find whatever is more cost effective for you. You live in singapore? I'm sure some of this stuff is manufactured there.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
jianlun

ORIGINAL: headhunter23

rangevideo.com sells same stuff. Pretty much all three are same hardware, find whatever is more cost effective for you. You live in singapore? I'm sure some of this stuff is manufactured there.

thanks! i am still deciding between the below 2, may i know based on your (or anyone else's) experience, which is better?
1. a Oracle diversity controller coupled to 2 Lawmate recievers
2. a yellow jacket diversity receiver.
doing a websearch, i can't conclude which is better. and price wise, both will come up to a similar price.

also, may i know which is a more reliabile system:
1. a diversity receiver connected to 1x right hand circular polarised patch antennae and 1x left hand circular polarised patch antennae
2. a diversity receiver connected to 1x omni-directional antennae and 1x circular (whichever direction) circular polarised patch antennae.

KL
Old 11-05-2008, 06:07 AM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: jianlun

ORIGINAL: headhunter23

thanks! i am still deciding between the below 2, may i know based on your (or anyone else's) experience, which is better?
1. a Oracle diversity controller coupled to 2 Lawmate recievers
2. a yellow jacket diversity receiver.
doing a websearch, i can't conclude which is better. and price wise, both will come up to a similar price.

also, may i know which is a more reliabile system:
1. a diversity receiver connected to 1x right hand circular polarised patch antennae and 1x left hand circular polarised patch antennae
2. a diversity receiver connected to 1x omni-directional antennae and 1x circular (whichever direction) circular polarised patch antennae.

KL

For several months I have been using a Yellowjacket Diversity 2.4 Ghz receiver with 2 polarized 8 dbi patch antennas (1 left, 1 right) and it has excellent range. I have not tested the absolute limits of it, but suffice to say it is more than enough for model aircraft operation in line-of-sight. Also, the antennas don't have to be aimed at the model. In fact, I have had the model at extreme visual range with the antennas pointed at 90 degrees to the model's position with no loss of signal. This is with a 1-watt video downlink, with the model being controlled with a 72 mhz system. Video and downlink both powered by a 900 mah 3s lipo battery.I got it at Future Hobbies.