Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

HELP...I need some ideas on setting up my FlyCamOne2

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

HELP...I need some ideas on setting up my FlyCamOne2

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...I need some ideas on setting up my FlyCamOne2

Hi,

I just bought a FlyCamOne2 from Hobby-Lobby, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some tips on mounting, and setting it up?

Of particular interest is the pivoting lens. How are you guys locking this in place, so it doesn't move around while recording? It pivots quite freely in it's 90 degrees of movement, only locking in it's close position. I've read where some people are using the little plastic arm that came with the camera, and then attaching a fixed wire to it. While others are simply taping it in position.

I plan on mounting the camera to one of my electric foamy airplanes. Is there a problem filming forward through the moving prop, or would I have to shoot my video backwards for the clearest video?

Any other tips for mounting, or setting up this camera, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Mark
Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
raptor fan

Default RE: HELP...I need some ideas on setting up my FlyCamOne2

I velcro mine underneath the wing with the included mount.I normaly face mine backwords because of the prop.And i tape the pivoting lens.Heres a tip.Dont fly in weather colder than 40,otherwise it shuts off afte about a minute.It may run longer on the ground but the wind chill from the plane does somthing to it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:13 AM
jaav

I use tape to hold the lens if facing fwd...The only prob with facing into the prop is you will get horizontal lines in the vid from the prop arc.....as you can see from my camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-ZZ...e=channel_page

and the prop wash will push the lens back so you have to tape it...But use the velcro supplied to protect the camera...Put some tape over the mic to cut some of the prop noise that it records.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Thanks for tips guys!

Securing the lens with tape definitely sounds allot easier than some of the things I was dreaming up LOL.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up here in Michigan, USA. So I can go out in the yard, and try this camera out.

Mark
Old 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
flyingfooluk

I have recently purchased a FlyCamOne2 airborne cine camera and I should welcome comments on a pecularity I have found with this device. If the shot being taken is towards a bright sky, often there is a small red blob in the picture. This moves with the picture, it doesn't stay in a fixed position on the screen.

I am at a loss to explain this and so far I haven't seen any reference to it on the net. If anybody else has noticed this on their camera and can offer an explanation I should be very grateful. I hope it isn't a fault on my camera alone.

Best Regards, Peter.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
jaav

Every time that blob comes on to the screen Im looking at the sun.

Yes that is the sun or a very bright light source is also caused by the light refraction in the lens. But its usualy the sun...
Look at this vid of mine it has the same..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C17DmYWh180
Old 03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
rhatcher1
My Feedback: (31)

Ive purchased two of the upgrades for the flycam..the remote switch and the pivot upgrade that lets you move the lens from your transmitter and i can stop and start from my transmitter as well.. This solves a number of issues like the lens just floating around in flight...you get a new pedestal with servo built in ,leads, and its all user friendly..total for the two around 32.oo and its well worth it. hope this helps...Rich/Va