Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Jazz camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
digerup
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jazz camera

I purchased a Jazz video camera from Wallmart a couple weeks ago. Today I mounted it to a T28 trojan foamy and did a test flight. I was very impressed with the quality of the picture for a camera under $100. The temp was only 9deg. today but there was no wind so it was a perfect opportunity to test it out. I will try to post the video, I believe the picture quality is much better than I have seen with the FlyCamOne. I also tried some video on my Raptor 50 heli but had a bit too much vibration. I may have a better mounting system figured out to reduce vibration better but havent tried it yet. If anybody has a good idea for a heli mount please post it.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:23 AM
Andrew Ditchfield

Default RE: Jazz camera

I have also been using the Jazz camera and have taken awesome hi-def video. The video I have taken is better than what I have seen posted in the forums so far. Have you found a way to edit the clips without reducing the resolution of the video? I also tried posting some of video I have taken but youtube said the files are too big.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
digerup

I uploaded this video on youtube, [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLPPEYnXTg, I didnt do any editing to the video but you can see the picture quality is pretty good for a cheap camera. Ill have to try some editing when I get a chance.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 AM
jaav

what was the model of the camera? there is a big range......
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
digerup

The model of this camera is HDV178. I bought it at Wallmart for $99. I looked at the Best Buy cameras also in this price range, they have the identical camera with the name of Insignia on it. I compared the Jazz to this one and could not tell the difference other than the color. I believe they are both made by the same manufacturer and these companies just put there own name on.