Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Range video system

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:37 PM
panzertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range video system

does this look like a good system too you? can you think a better system for the money? http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...products_id=98
Old 05-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Rhodesw
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Range video system

I have this system and it has a clear picture, with minimal interferance. I would highley reckmend it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
markm75

ORIGINAL: Rhodesw

I have this system and it has a clear picture, with minimal interferance. I would highley reckmend it.
Ikeep flip flopping b/w this type of setup and just flycamonev2 with maybe some sortof osd merging of two video sources (post record) for my twinstar IIbrushless setup.

Curious on this setup that you purchased...

Did you buy rangevideo lipos for this? (Ihave an fma cellpro 4s or similar lipo charger from a few years ago, i didnt know if there is an adapter to be able to charge these rangevideo lipos? or should i just buy two lipos (which specs) from FMA direct...

What sort of range can u get (are you doing goggles too?).. Ithink they state 0.6 miles range.. i have an older futaba 6 channel transmitter (FM).

Iplan on hooking this up to my laptop to record the video if i go this route..

This came with the OSD ability right (or do you have to add OSD later, seperate purchase.. any OSDsolutions that are under $150?)? Can u minimize the display to just show speed and alititude?

Finally.. which camera did you go with.. (servo mounted?) (i'm thinking of mounting it to my canopy after removing some of the canopy, somehow).

Sorry for all the questions..

Iguess to top it off, "technically"you need a technicians class ham license too.

Thanks for any tips here.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:06 AM
rcplaneslovers

I have too this system and i hadn't any problem with it, i highly recommend it.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 AM
markm75

ORIGINAL: rcplaneslovers

I have too this system and i hadn't any problem with it, i highly recommend it.
Cool..

You have the 500mw/900mhz one? Which cam are you using? Whats the max range on the video you can get?

Thanks

Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
chrisa101
My Feedback: (13)

What about the FCC Licensing requirements for using it. It is required, however, there are no classes available to get ready for the 35 question test. The online courses run around 100 bucks for non members. This isnt a dmv, no free books or anything.

I am going with this system, with all the upgrades in addition to the co-pilot 2 enhanced version that is on back order. Cool, plane loses radio signal it flys back to where it started, or until radio signal returns.

Iplan on using a telemaster senior, upgraded batteries, extra large fuel bladder. From what Isee the simple verion has a 1Km range. I tried to get additional info on extended range. I was reading articles where they flew the planes from one town to another, about 14 miles away. With the nav system you can plot gps style way points.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
markm75

ORIGINAL: chrisa101

What about the FCC Licensing requirements for using it. It is required, however, there are no classes available to get ready for the 35 question test. The online courses run around 100 bucks for non members. This isnt a dmv, no free books or anything.

I am going with this system, with all the upgrades in addition to the co-pilot 2 enhanced version that is on back order. Cool, plane loses radio signal it flys back to where it started, or until radio signal returns.

Iplan on using a telemaster senior, upgraded batteries, extra large fuel bladder. From what Isee the simple verion has a 1Km range. I tried to get additional info on extended range. I was reading articles where they flew the planes from one town to another, about 14 miles away. With the nav system you can plot gps style way points.
Wow, 14 miles away, i wonder what wattage transmitters they were using? Iwonder what type of radio controller?

My controller is the older futaba 6xa fm.. i cant imagine it has more than 1 mile, line of site.. I'd have to guess if they were doing gps, they just plotted a course and set it, not really controlling the plane?

Pretty cool though

Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
panzertank

does anyone have a reccomendation for what type of plane to use this system on? i was thinking a funjet. Any sugestions?
-alex