Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

I went for a ride in a striker today

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

I went for a ride in a striker today

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I went for a ride in a striker today

One of our new members and his brother were out to the field this morning. The brother was setting up some 1ft square things near the edge of the runway. I ask him if they were solar pannels and he said antennas for his on board video. He then showed me his striker with this neat little camera up front and a transmitter that sent back real time video to a pair of glasses. He took the plane up a bit later and the new guys son was "going for a ride". After a bit, he motioned for me to come over and put the glasses on. Wow. it is something. You almost wan't to move with the movement of the plane, in fact Iknow I ducked a shoulder when he rolled the striker.

Then after a battery charge he went up again, only he wore the glasses and the new guy was his spotter. He took off and flew the whole flight with his back to the runway. The glasses block out all but what is in front, so you have nothing to interfer with the sinsation that you are in the cockpit. Hey Santa, can I have one pleaseeeeee.

Don
Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM
TruBlu02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I went for a ride in a striker today

Dang that sounds pretty cool! I'd love to do something like that to my trainer.