Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Flycamone2 updates ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flycamone2 updates ?

Just received my "New" flycamone2. Charged up the battery, inserted a 2 gb SR disc (sandisk), and when I turn it on, it comes up with the code "MF" In the handbook it says that this means the memory is full, but cannot be since is a new SR card. It also did this before putting the card in. Instructions did not say "how" to insert the card, but it does click in place. When inserted the gold end tabs are down, away from the lens side. Is this card inserted correctly ?

Also the updates that are to be downloaded onto the camera. When I go to the service/support section of the website, is all in German ? Where am I suppose to download from ? Can someone PLEASE steer me in the right direction on what to download and how ? I would really appreciate this.

Thanks in advance.

Cary
Old 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
mustangman177

Default RE: Flycamone2 updates ?

Issues resolved.

#1 Come to find out, I was trying to insert a smaller SD disc than what was required. I bought a disc made for Sony cameras, which are smaller. Upon buying the right one, it works
great.

#2 Talking to other Flycamone2 users, I get the impression the updates are not really needed, and if the wrong one is downloaded, could make the camera un-usable. I am satisfied with the quality of video and photos. Will not download upgrades.

Cary
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM
jaav

Yes but the sound sync is out..
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
mustangman177

jaav:

I too noticed the sound and video are out of sync. Will download the upgrades from their website. I believe I know which to download. Doesn't look too hard to do.

Have had good luck wit the camera. Found the RX cable connecting the camera with the receiver was causing the the video to turn on and off while in flight. Possibly a bad connection or interference from the receiver. Anyway, I just manually turn the camera on and off at the camera instead of using the transmitter. Have been getting good videos lately.

Cary