Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Front mount camera aid in flying and orientation?

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Front mount camera aid in flying and orientation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:30 PM
jdub12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front mount camera aid in flying and orientation?

I am an experienced pilot, but Im also toying with the idea of a front mounted video camera that would assist in flying such as final approach, overall orientation,etc.

Do you guys think that this would be a useful idea to implement into one of my next aircraft? Im toying with the idea in my next D/F jet I purchase. Im thinking that a wideangle wireless camera would do the job in helping to focus on the horizon for orientation and aid when I come in on final approach. Now I know I would have to have the video feed live, which wouldnt be a problem for me but I guess my question to you all that are experienced with aerial videos, how good is the quality for what im looking for?

Im not going to be soley dependent on the video feed, but I think it would help for when the plane gets hard to distinguish direction in the sky. I could just look at the screen and affirm what my brain is thinking.

Any suggestions on a good camera that can do this? Im looking at the blackwidowav 150degree lens and wireless unit.

Im sure someone has thought of this, in fact ive seen a video where a heli was flown entirely by camera feed from indoors and it seemed pretty neat. The pilot could see quite a bit and landed very easy. Im thinking this might work for an aircraft too. Nothing like having your D/F Jet with the feeling of being right in the cockpit