Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

GoPro Motorsports Hero onboard cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 PM
webdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro Motorsports Hero onboard cam

Heres a video I made with the GoPro Hero and the Hangar 9 Piper Cub 80"

enjoy

[link=http://www.webdrgraphics.com/airplanes/final1.wmv]VIDEO HERE[/link]
Old 09-20-2009, 01:26 AM
sweetrex
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: GoPro Motorsports Hero onboard cam

this just confirms my belief that I won't be disappointed when mine gets here. I've created a mount inside the fuse of my Lancair Legacy that will turn the camera in the direction of the turn.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
jtdavis69
My Feedback: (1)

webdr, did you need a counter weight for any camera positions on the cub or just trim? Sweet video by the way!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
BigTb17

Very nice. Was that multiple flights, or do you have multiple cameras? I assume that's the "wide" version with the wide angle lens.

I just got the wide version this weekend clearanced for $99 at Dick's Sporting goods. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet other than just some quick testing. Mine is the Helmet Hero (not the Motorsports Hero) which comes with a headband mount and a helmet mount (in addition to the double stick mounts that the Motorsports Hero comes with) but doesn't come with the flexible arm mount.

For most situations I will probably make my own mount anyway to save weight and reduce vibration.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:34 PM
sweetrex
My Feedback: (2)

My experience has been awesome with this camera. It doesn't have much vibration to begin with. Check out my videos on youtube. My account name is Cyclejockey101.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 PM
silverwings
My Feedback: (21)

webdr, what memory card do you use in your GoPro camera? I have a Sandisk 2 gb card and it seems to not like the vibration on my Ultra Stick with Saito 100. I had it mounted to the center of the wing just over the cg and it did not affect the balance of the plane. If I used a 64 mb card, I could get all the video the card could record, but it was only a few minutes. I am thinking the memory card I have is cheap and not capable of handling the vibration.
Awesome video and I hope to get some of my own as soon as I can get something airworthy again.
Silverwings