Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

External battery and Flycamone2 video

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

External battery and Flycamone2 video

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default External battery and Flycamone2 video

Please Help,

Have purchased the 1000 mah battery that Flycamone2 sells for their camera. Hoping this will stop the "weak" internal battery from stopping and starting the video while in flight. Has anyone else tried this as a solution for this problem ? I feel I have too much invested in the camera to give up on it. Hoping the external battery will keep the videos going while in flight.

Question I have is that when the battery pack is attached to the camera, how does the servo operated base plate attach to the camera to control the rotating lens function ? Can't see where or how it is going to attach. Hope I haven't lost this function. Seems like one problem after another with this camera !!! I am somewhat satisfied with the quality of video, could be better and could be worse. Get what you pay for.

Thanks for any and all help on this issue. A picture would really be nice if you have the camera, battery pack, servo assisted base plate !!!

Thanks

Cary
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: External battery and Flycamone2 video

I do not know-I do not have the servo hooked up but my flycamone2 works well with the battery that is inside the camera-takes 15 movies without a problem-I will have three or four movies before I download and recharge-I have not had a problem
Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 AM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: External battery and Flycamone2 video

Plane Jim,

You use your camera with the lens fixed into one position ? I like the option of being able to tilt the lens forward and down when in flight. I have since fixed the problem by attaching a micro servo to the bottom side of the battery and attaching to the lens. Works good, but still having videos stop and start.

Found I can download to media player all segments and it will play the entire video continuosly.

Thanks for the response

Cary