Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Old AV from 2004/Bad Quality

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
TPierce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old AV from 2004/Bad Quality

I am going to to say this first, I am sorry for the horrible quality. The camera has to focus everytime it moves from ground to sky view. This video was recorded on a Canon ES8400v with a hi8 tape. I have never been able to get it on my computer until today. I played the video on my tv and recorded it with my hd digital camcorder. This video was shot in 2004 from my Alpha .40 trainer. I was 15 at the time and it was the talk of our airfield. Since then I have left the hobby but recently I have started to jump back in at the age of 20. But onto the video description from youtube.

I strapped a 1.5lb canon camcorder to my Alpha .40 Trainer in 2004 and this is what happened. I mounted it up and the thing flew like a brick. A few minutes into the flight a strap came loose and also the muffler came off. I lost almost all power so I went for a basically dead stick landing, but I came in too hot. When I throttled up to go around it lost power again and I had to ditch it in some tall grass. No damage was done to the plane or camera. I was 15 at the time. I have never been able to move the video to the computer because it was recorded on a little Hi8 tape. Today, I took out my new HD digital camcorder and recorded this movie off of my tv. I know the quality is horrible, but Im glad I can finally share this after 5 years of it sitting in my closet. Oh and the video date is wrong btw.

and the video.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJGhRKfC-c[/youtube]
Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 AM
TPierce

Default RE: Old AV from 2004/Bad Quality

Haha I cant believe these pictures still exist. I found these on my past posts in my profile. The camera sat on that plywood cradle. lol

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36311.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1316969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78042.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1316970  
Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Nuckan

**** that was scary. Rather good quality despite the odd transfer. Guess you shouldn't hang the HD cam on a plane.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:27 PM
TPierce

i dont have the cajones to hang it on a plane. I will be setting up a new AV rig in the near future with up to date equipment