RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Aerial Photography and Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/)
-   -   For those who care, new video posted to my site. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/aerial-photography-video-81/1089605-those-who-care-new-video-posted-my-site.html)

Chris-_-Memphis 09-21-2003 05:11 PM

RE: For those who care, new video posted to my site.

<<<waits on more vids from fubar......

lol i see you on every friggin site on the net.. you get around man....

Fubar-One 09-21-2003 06:17 PM

Yeah, I need to get some new footage. Dyin to test out the new BlackwidowAV camera I just got. Just been busy with vehicle repairs and other intrusive real life distractions. The brief flying Ive been able to squeeze in has been playing with my not so new anymore Ultra Stick. Hmmmmm.... Camera mounted on the Ultra Stick... Talk about Barf-O-Vision!
As far as getting around, I was just thinking the same thing about you!:D

ORIGINAL: ChrisHays

<<<waits on more vids from fubar......

lol i see you on every friggin site on the net.. you get around man....

Methanolover 09-25-2003 01:59 PM

Fubar,
Great shot !
How did you eliminate vibrations so succesfully??

BR HT

Fubar-One 09-25-2003 07:24 PM

Uh, which shot would that be? I thought my glow powered videos had a LOT of vibrations!:D Still trying to figure out how to make em cleaner. I did go from a standard servo to a BB servo to eliminate back and forth play on the output shaft, balanced the heck outta the prop. Also found that it vibrates less on lower throttle settings. I need to come up with a way to rubber mount the servo.

aaron2874 09-26-2003 12:29 PM

I made my first aero-movie last week and had a lot of wavyness due to vibration in some spots. I was thinking about getting a sheet of 1/16 rubber gasket and making a sort of gasket/dampener to fit between the engine mount and the firewall. I'm not sure if it would really be worth the effort. But then again, I do have one of those 2 piece mounts with rubber bushings on another plane. What do yall (Texas lingo) think?

Fubar-One 09-26-2003 06:57 PM

Sullivan makes a couple of different soft mounts that you might take a look at. I used the Flex Mount on a plane carrying a still camera but my results werent that good. The Flex Mount is adjustable and should be usable on your plane without drilling new holes in the firewall. I bought mine direct from Sullivan.
Two other suggestions would be to isolate the camera with as much foam as you can and make sure your propeller is balanced. I would also see what results you have with different throttle settings. Vibration will lessen at different engine speeds but not neccessarially (I cant spell) lower ones. The CCD camera on my Kadet Senior is in a plastic box but the actual camera itself is held in the box with foam rubber.

ORIGINAL: aaron2874

I made my first aero-movie last week and had a lot of wavyness due to vibration in some spots. I was thinking about getting a sheet of 1/16 rubber gasket and making a sort of gasket/dampener to fit between the engine mount and the firewall. I'm not sure if it would really be worth the effort. But then again, I do have one of those 2 piece mounts with rubber bushings on another plane. What do yall (Texas lingo) think?

Chris-_-Memphis 09-26-2003 08:19 PM

dude get offline and make me some more vids...lmao.... do you have AIM btw?

Methanolover 09-27-2003 07:17 AM

Fubar,
Referred to the video in your post 1.
I think it's great, very clean eaven on ground and while climbing. And this with a 4-str which gives more rotational vibrs than a 2-str.

Talking of motormounts, many aerobatic guys use the Hyde-motormount, expencive but the best. I made a DIY- version, the Pasto-mount http://www.rcaerobats.net/mount1.htm and http://home.online.no/~ofremmi/HowTo.../HydeMount.htm,
for my F3A-ship and It works great. I'll put the camera on that one as soon I've learned to operate my new DV-camera.

Finally I'd like to thank you for all your posts, learned a lot !

dwheeler42 09-27-2003 09:34 AM

I'm flying a Kadet Senior. I first set it up for a cross-country event. I had 3 16oz tanks and 1 10oz tank (almost 1/2 gal of fuel) and ran a OS 70II with perry pump. We built the fuse out of hardwood to beef it up and it flys great. No underpower problems even with everything I had onboard. Had flight times in excess of 2 hours without problems. Kadet Senior is an excellent workhorse.
PS - I'm looking at mounting video system in this plane and put Floats on it. Will try and get video from it soon.