Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

DIY CoG Machine

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

DIY CoG Machine

Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 PM
coupe1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY CoG Machine

I am chronically looking at stuff in thrift stores and trying to find other uses that what the item was originally designed for. Today, I found two stands at a local Salvation Army Store for under $7 bucks, apiece. I figured that I could add some pencils to them and probably come up with a good working CoG machine. The stands are each about 3' tall and just the right height for me to sit in my computer chair as I work on any balance issues. I used some plastic tubes to go onto the opposite side of the metal plates and hold the pencils straight and firm in place. (You would not believe what these tubes are from). Any rate, I need to clean up my computer room where I work on and store my Super Cub, but this project was cheap and easy to do. I have no idea what the stands originally went to (possibly speakers or a big flat screen tv setup)???

Any rate, don't forget to check out thrift stores for anything that may be useful for your own diy rc airplane equipment. You never know what you may find that is a diamond in the rough.