Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aerodynamics
Reload this Page >

A Little About Thrust Angle?

Notices
Aerodynamics Discuss the physics of flight revolving around the aerodynamics and design of aircraft.

A Little About Thrust Angle?

Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
BeFlyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little About Thrust Angle?

I'm looking for some info on how to know what the correct angle is when mounting a motor, in this case I am upgrading a speed 400 motor to an outrunner with around 3x the power. It is on a pusher (Multiplex EZ Star) with the original mount angled up quit a bit, mabey8-10 degrees, that is the thrust from the prop is angled up. The new motor will be mounted above that about 1" and with the extra power it seems like it would have more leverage to push the nose down. The first flight needed up elevator constantly just to fly level. Should I just straighten it out so the thrust line is parallel with the pitch CL? Also, on a different plane with front mount motor, how do I determine the left to right angle?

I am new at this but find it very interseting. Thanks for any input.