Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

30cc Edge 540 build

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

30cc Edge 540 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:53 AM
DriveSlayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the plane. Another point I noticed, and others have already commented, this edge is very sensitive to the elevator and I had a challenge getting it to trim for straight and level. Also if you have moderate elevator travel it will snap, but a lot of travel and it walls nicely.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Lavell
My Feedback: (3)

Maiden flight this afternoon. Two successful flights. Very little trim needed. I think this is going to be a great flying combination. Still fine tuning and getting used to the plane and engine.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:52 AM
DriveSlayer

I don't have a balance buddy but tying a string around each side of the wingtube to balance worked well. I balanced it level with no fuel. I also removed a Nihm battery from the ignition and I am running a single 1800 Mah LiFe for both the ignition and receiver strapped to the engine box under the cowl. Being level with no fuel I thought it would be way nose heavy after adding fuel but it smoothed the flight out and made the performance so much better.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
serget

My 3dhs edge 74
http://youtu.be/dIws8Cc8RRE
Old 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM
dfc
My Feedback: (30)

DriveSlayer, I have the same airplane and mine snaps also. The Edge is balanced a little nose heavy, maybe 3 to 4 degrees nose down bubble. I am down to 8 degrees travel on the elevators to stop the snapping issues and still have good elevator authority. I was wondering, by removing the one battery and making the airplane lighter did that help the snapping issues?
Old 09-02-2014, 05:10 AM
DriveSlayer

It really didn't. Truth be told I couldn't tell the difference in flight from that one battery. On the snapping if I put in 15 degrees of elevator it would snap, if I pulled a hard 40 degrees it would wall ..
Old 02-12-2015, 12:12 PM
PLANEIAC
My Feedback: (1)

Im gonna build one of these! There 100 bucks off on AW site right now!