Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Cesna 195 Air Bubble

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Cesna 195 Air Bubble

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 AM
jimt50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cesna 195 Air Bubble

I have a nother post about this problem and am trying to figure out how to get big air bubble out of the aileron surfaces. Grant you they might be OK and not interfear with the aileron but it looks terrible. Plus I just bought this plane on December 17/11. I did not use a heat gun near the ailerons so that is not an issue. This is also the first time I bought from Aeroworks. This plane was not cheap so you think that on a working surface they would have laminated the material to it better. I hate like heck to return the wing's but I will if Aeroworks tells me to.
Has anyone else had this problem? What did Aeroworks do?
Thanks, Jim
Old 01-10-2011, 07:04 AM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cesna 195 Air Bubble

Are you talking about a bubble in the Ultra-Cote?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 AM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is fact in the Ultra-Cote take a pin and poke it and work it out with your iron.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 AM
jimt50

No, it's under in the plastic corragated material that is laminated on the aileron.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
HelividD
My Feedback: (1)

Yup, as the others said, if it's in the Ultracote, simply, take a pin and poke a hole in it, working the covering with your iron(sealing of course). Honestly, from every airplane I have, since getting into planes, they all need a little retouching. It is because of the possible temp and humidity changes in the conditions that the plane was covered, versus, the conditions that it is in, say in your ownership. I, even have had wrinkles form on me throughout the day, during this time of year, and it's not just the AW model that I have. Ultracote is(at least to me), much easier to work with than Monokote(doesn't require as much heat).

The only downside, I have found, is that I am used to working with Monokote(most of my models are GP), and I am used to using the heat gun with the Monokote, so I tend to break out the heat gun, only to have a spot shrink on me with the Ultra, and then, I have to go a do a patch job on a brand new model(and my Edge is no different, I need to patch it..... LOL)...

But, what your experiencing is completely normal and, just goes along with airplanes. It's just, as they get larger, it takes more time to get the covering perfect. I believe, even in their manual(and actually, AW was a step above all the others I have experienced in saying that you should both leave the model out to adjust to your particular conditions) did a great job overviewing the the tightening up of the covering.

Just take your time with it, and you will be fine... :-)

Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
HelividD
My Feedback: (1)

Oooohhhh! Yeah, Mark probably will see this thread, but I would give him a call and they will take care of you for sure.... Wow, that is an interesting one, but I am sure they will get you all set, they have been extremely helpful to me and countless others. I feel for you though, but manufacturing things happen sometimes unfortunately.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM
jimt50

Thanks, I have sent picture's to Mark and will see what they say. I am no stranger to Mono or Ultra. This is different, it's like the laminate did not hold or not enough glue. Thanks for all the suggestions. Jim