Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

Extra 260 Freestyle 30cc

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

Extra 260 Freestyle 30cc

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra 260 Freestyle 30cc

Nice airframe.
Please consider options of Canister tunnel of future runs. Many of us use DLE engines, way too loud on stock muffler.
I know weight is considered, just add wood and room and instructions for those that need this. add 35 $ if needed, whatever, offer it !!!
This is one of the best 30cc 3D Planes out, dont ignore this request. Almost all the budget 30cc planes have a tunnel for pipe or canister.
I modified mine to fit DLE 35 canister and likely lost it due to heat build up inside fuse []

Please don't ignore, this is a real request and necessity for many fliers and fields!!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Aero-Works

Default RE: Extra 260 Freestyle 30cc

Hello Nitro Wing,

Thank you for your great comments and suggestions. When designing the 30cc Freestyle 260 weight was a big issue and this was the main reason for not adding the canister tunnel. All of our regular QB (Quick Build) aircraft have tunnel and hardware for installing canister and pipe and this does increase the weight of the planes. It is obviously a great help for those wanting to install a canister or pipe but a weight penalty for those who do not. When talking with many of our customers weight was the biggest factor for most. So with our QB-L (Quick Build Light) series when designing the planes weight is or main objective. But I will look into it on future projects.

Thank you again for all your support!
Rocco
Aeroworks
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Extra 260 Freestyle 30cc

On future runs, it would be nice to have the plane slightly re designed to accept the tunnel and simply provide a few sheets of pre cut wood, so one can install the tunnel if needed, that would be the best way, leaving the option to the customer.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:17 AM
martin1962

Hi has anyone foung that the given weight for this plane is wrong. I have mine and it comes out at 14lb . and i have a lighter engine than is suggested ,Lighter servo's . setup is different only in that i have a canister which is only 40 grams more than the stock muffler. and 2 batteries instead of 1 which is another 120 grames so thats an extra 160grames more but with the 35 grams saved on servo weight and the 12 grames saved on the engine then i should be 113 grams heavier than the sock weight of 10.5lb to 11lb .I have even removed the spats to save a few grams. So i think the weight of the model is coming from the factory are using heavier wood than was used with the original plane.

What are other peoples weight coming out as and with what setup.

Martin

Last edited by martin1962; 04-03-2014 at 02:20 AM.