Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

cessna 195 balance problem

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

cessna 195 balance problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 04:18 PM
miker49
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cessna 195 balance problem

I just completed my Cessna 195.Balanced it per the manual with THE CG BUDDY provided by AW.First shot at balancing showed a severe nose heavy plane.I moved the batteries to the rear till the plane was level.Was pleased till the test flight today.The plane lifted right off and went straight up.With help I got down trim [1/4"-3/8"] on the elevator and its a bit was better.Very touchy on the elevator.i got it landed with no damage.I did do another flight and noticed with a FULL tank of fuel I had to re-trim.Question is,the 5 5/8" back from the leading edge CG point accurate? On my DX 18,it shows +42 on the DOWN TRIM GRAPH.IT ALSO SHOWS -40 ON THE LEFT AILERON TRIM.THAT WILL BE THE NEXT QUESTION.What goes here? everything by the manual and it flies like crap.I'm just glad I didn't crash it.Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:19 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I would compare the AW manual setting to a setting of 27-30% back from the leading edge. If the difference is more then 1/4" or so then I would tend to think the manual is in error.