Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Airplanes - All types
Reload this Page >

OSMW Javelin with floats and wheels

Community
Search
Notices
Airplanes - All types View all types of airplane ads here. Includes Kits, ARC''s, ARF''s, and RTF

OSMW Javelin with floats and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 11:03 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Default OSMW Javelin with floats and wheels

Local pickup 30 miles NW of Atlanta, GA USA only. Sorry, but no shipping.

Old School Modelworks Javelin.

$200

Has not been flown yet. Just finished building it from their kit, and I discovered that my Saito .62 is too heavy and brings the C.G. too far forward. I am not buying another engine for it, and will just let it go at a huge loss (see price of kit and add cost of everything I added). Does not include engine or any electronics. Includes building plans, instruction manual and decals.

For reference: https://www.oldschoolmodels.com/javelin.htm

I have built at least 50 kits over the last 40 years. I designed and built the floats per well-established rules of thumb for model floats, and I have used this style many times in the past. Floats are removable with a few screws (5/16" aluminum screws for float axles), and have a tip-up steerable water rudder. I have not yet finished connecting the water rudder pushrod, but it is included. Floats are expanded bead foam covered in fiberglass cloth and System Three epoxy resin. Forward bottom of floats is skinned with 1/32" ply and coated in resin. Floats are painted with tough industrial latex floor paint.
​​​​​​​