Airplanes - Full Scale Discuss full scale airplanes here

Stinson Id help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
gwweber
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinson Id help please

Please anyone know who makes this airplane 84 inch http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy106/gwweber/

Thks in advance
Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
ByLoudDesign

Default RE: Stinson Id help please

Because of the cowling configuration it is a Stinson Reliant SR-10. The SR-9 had basically the same cowling wiht some of it's bottom aft removed, and the SR-7 & 8 had shorter cowlings!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Robert Bishop

Looks like a Top Flite Stinson Reliant to me. I have had one for a number of years now and it still flies like a champion!
The kit is still available and is a pleasure to build.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Robinaire
My Feedback: (23)

It looks remarkably like the Cleveland kit I built in 1947, while still in the USAF. It wa a time consuming task for one reason; all the ribs were built up exactly as in the real one! But boydid it ever make an impression in the "barebones" state. I still have several pics of it, and one of the plane today. In 1952, I got married, and sold all my stuff to a local buddy. I still keep in touch with him today and he still has it! It was originally built as a free-flight, and I got my hands on one of those new-fangled radio control sets; a Good Brothers single channel escapement unit for rudder only! In fact, I had to get a ham radio license to use it. Easy, as I was a high speed radio op at the time. In the big pic I have, you can even see the receiver through the windshield, held by a nest of rubber bands! I'll dig it up and post it in my gallery. Lee Robinson West Palm Beach, FL AMA 7110; former K4ZKC "former" because 'ol stoopnagel forgot to renew the ham license a couple of years ago, and now I have to take the tests again!!